Kuchel was a slim woman with light-colored eyes, and long dark hair that reached her back. Her facial features resembled those of Levi.
Little is known about her personality; however, she seemed to be a loving mother to Levi. So much so, that despite her brother's objections, and despite the fact that one of her clients was the father of Levi, she tried to raise her son on her own. She was shown shedding tears and smiling while hugging her newborn son.
Long after the persecution of the Ackerman clan, Kuchel took to working in a brothel in the Underground. She ended up being impregnated by one of her clients. Her elder brother Kenny Ackerman eventually found her, and unsuccessfully tried convincing her not to keep the child. However, several years after Levi was born, she died from an unknown disease. Now without a caretaker, Levi slowly starved as he was left emotionally scarred.
Kenny came to visit her some time after her death, and remarked how much weight she had lost. After Levi informed him that she was already dead, Kenny raised Levi. Kenny opted to not reveal his true relationship with Kuchel, simply explaining that he was an acquaintance.
He taught Levi everything he knew, eventually abandoning him when Kenny believed that Levi was able to avoid dying like his mother. Many years later, a dying Kenny revealed the truth to him about their kinship, and reasons for leaving Levi behind.
- Levi Ackerman - Her only son, Kuchel decided to have him despite her brother's advice not to do so. She raised him alone in the brothel for some years, until she got sick and died when Levi was just a little boy. She seemed to be a loving mother to him, as Levi was visibly affected when she died.
- Kenny Ackerman - Despite being siblings, they were not close. They were separated for some time until Kenny found her in the Underground City. Already pregnant, he advised her not to have the child, but she did not listen to him. Kenny did not visit her again until some years later, after becoming Uri's bodyguard. After being informed that Kuchel was dead, Kenny raised Levi on Kuchel's behalf, but only until the child was capable enough to fend for himself. Because he felt that he was unfit to be Levi's parent, he kept their true relationship secret until moments before his own death.
- Unnamed grandfather - They were never seen interacting since, when Kenny found Kuchel, their grandfather was already on his deathbed. Though Kenny believed the news about him finding Kuchel was not appropriate to tell his grandfather in his last moments, the latter did not really express any emotion after hearing the news.
- Brothel's owner - He did not seem to truly care about Kuchel, and was only worried that he could no longer make money off of her.
- Kuchel's pseudonym, Olympia, is likely a reference to the French Impressionist Édouard Manet's famous oil painting, Olympia (1863), which depicts a female courtesan.