|◄ Preceded by|| Pieck|
|Followed by ►|
|It's been two months since the last time I turned back into a human. I forget how to walk on two legs every time this happens.|
|— Pieck to Reiner after the battle at Fort Slava|
Pieck is a short young woman with long, disheveled black hair and relaxed eyes. She wears a white blouse, a long trench coat, and skirt which goes down to her ankles as well as black lace-up boots. She also wears the Eldian armband on her left arm, as required of all Eldians under the authority of Marley. Since the end of the Marley Mid-East War, Pieck has been walking with a crutch, having lost some grasp on the ability to walk upright after spending two months in her Cart Titan body without interruption, which she claims is common for her. However, she can be seen walking on all fours when there are few people around, as she claims it "feels more natural."
In her Titan form, Pieck is 4 m tall while on all fours and walks on all four limbs in a quadrupedal fashion. Her torso is long and flat, allowing for materials to be easily packed onto her back. Her face is elongated, bearing wide lips and a large nose with a very small forehead and a huge mouth. It has short, dark hair and has no distinct female features, and its long face allows for custom armor, jaws, and war mechanisms to be crafted and strapped to it; this is common wear for the Cart Titan when it is in action.
Pieck is shown to be somewhat sweet and kind, consistently shown to care about her fellow Warriors and the Warrior candidates. She is very intelligent, able to quickly deduce a situation. When the Warriors were discussing the prospect of using the Tybur family to assist in their operations, Pieck was able to quickly figure things out, and Zeke Yeager implies this happens quite often. However, Pieck is usually shown to be quite eccentric and easy going. During the train ride to Liberio, Pieck gladly gave Colt Grice a drink when he asked for one, which led to him getting drunk and leading the other Eldian soldiers in a chant in favor of Gabi Braun. As a result of constantly being in her Titan form, Pieck has shown the habit of walking on all fours when few people are around, stating that it feels more natural and even curling up on a sofa like a cat; she is still capable of walking upright, although she occasionally requires a crutch to do so.
Like the other Warriors, Pieck is shown to very much support Marley. While not outright stated, it is implied that like most Eldians living in Marley she detests those living on Paradis Island due to the false history she was raised with and the indoctrination she underwent as a candidate. During the battle with the Survey Corps, while she mostly remained with Zeke throughout the battle, she acted as his steed after he was retrieved from his Beast Titan form, and was willing to kill Hange Zoë and Levi Ackerman for trying to have Reiner and Zeke killed. During the battle at Fort Slava, Pieck acted similar to a tank, attacking the bunkers of the Allied forces while men firing machine gun turrets on her back shot at the soldiers. In spite of her support, she seems to secretly not have a lot of faith in her superiors and their plans, as she sarcastically remarked that sending 4 children on a mission to retrieve the Founding Titan was a brilliant idea. However, her full opinion remains to be seen. She is also very concerned about the future of the Eldians as whole, as she recognizes that the world wants them gone and fears that they will not be of use anymore with the growing technological progress.
Five years into the mission to reclaim the Founding Titan, Pieck journeys to Paradis Island with Zeke and a contingent of Marleyan soldiers, using her Cart Titan to carry supplies for them. She is present as Zeke and the soldiers transform the inhabitants of a small village into Titans.
After Zeke and his army appear, Pieck is seen walking among them, acting as a mule by carrying crates and barrels strapped to her back. When Erwin Smith sees this, he theorizes that Pieck has intelligence and acted as a Scout to warn Reiner Braun of the Survey Corps' oncoming approach.Erwin's theory was correct. Pieck had been watching the Survey Corps' movement toward Shiganshina District. As Zeke was conversing with Reiner and Bertolt Hoover, the Titan spoke, warning them of the Survey Corps' imminent arrival.
After the battle with the Survey Corps begins, Pieck assists Zeke by supplying him with rocks to crush and throw at the soldiers.
After Zeke slaughters most of the Survey Corps in their final charge, Levi Ackerman brutally rips apart Zeke's Titan and removes him from the nape, preparing to feed Zeke to any surviving Survey Corps member he could inject with the Titan serum. Pieck surprises Levi when she charges at him and Zeke from behind and steals Zeke in her mouth, barely giving Levi room to escape. Pieck then flees with Zeke, and the remaining Titans are ordered to kill Levi by the war chief. The two are then pursued by a determined Levi as he begins to take down the Titans and vows to keep his promise to Erwin.Pieck appears inside Shiganshina with Zeke on her back. She quickly makes her way over to Eren Yeager who is sitting on a rooftop holding Bertolt Hoover captive. She stops and stands by as Zeke and Eren speak. During this time, Zeke reveals that he knows Eren's father, Grisha Yeager. Before he can go into detail, Levi appears atop the Wall and jumps down to pursue them. Pieck then sprints away at Zeke's command.
After Reiner had been located, Pieck appears out of nowhere and lunges at Hange Zoë, attempting to crush her in its jaws; however, Jean Kirstein is able to tackle her out of the way in time. Hange quickly gets to her feet, blade ready, but is shocked when she sees Pieck holding her hostage, Reiner, in her mouth. Pieck then makes off with him and is pursued by Connie Springer, who is then ordered to stop by Hange as she believes he will just have the tables turned on him. As Levi, Eren, and Mikasa Ackerman debate over who will be given the Titan injection and devour the now-defeated Bertolt, Erwin or Armin Arlert, Pieck climbs and reaches atop Wall Maria with Zeke and Reiner, looking on.
Four years later, Pieck is present at the battle of Fort Slava at the climax of the war between Marley and the Mid-East Allied Forces. While it is suggested by Colt that she should engage in combat with the fort's defenses, Commander Magath denied the suggestion due to the presence of anti-Titan artillery which could kill any Titan with a single 100mm round. Once the artillery is destroyed, Pieck enters the battlefield with her Cart Titan fully armored and equipped with four manned machine guns and begins to assault the bunkers of the Mid-East Allied Forces alongside Galliard's Jaw Titan.
After the battle, Pieck joins Galliard and Reiner, recovering from his injuries received in the battle. As a result of spending two consecutive months in her Titan form, Pieck has been forced to walk with a crutch. While Reiner leaves, Pieck stays behind to rest by Galliard. She tells Reiner to go find the Warrior candidates. She later joins the rest of the Marleyan military on the train returning to their hometown, seated among the other Warriors. When the train reaches the station, Pieck gets off the train and walks with the rest of the Warriors towards Liberio. When inside, she is happily greeted by a middle-aged man.
Pieck is later seen at the Warrior headquarters, spotted by Galliard walking on all fours like her Titan, as she believes it to be more natural. Galliard, irritated, tells her to walk on two feet like a normal human. Throughout the meeting between the Warriors, Pieck is observed sitting on a couch and furthers Zeke's argument that the Tybur family is necessary to help the Warriors regain the Founding Titan.
Pieck later attends a military meeting discussing the logistics of an assault on Paradis Island. She stays silent until the conclusion of this meeting, when she goes outside to join her fellow Warriors on a balcony. Pieck expresses her discontent with the military senior officers, finding them foolish for their lackluster past plans, and wonders about the future of the Eldians.
Sometime before the beginning of Willy Tybur's speech at the Liberio festival, Pieck and the other Warriors are ordered to take their seats as ambassadors of Marley. After they are seated, a Marleyan soldier informs the Warriors that Magath wants to see them. Along the way, the soldier dismisses Zeke, causing Pieck to become suspicious. She comments that the soldier feels familiar, but becomes distracted when she sees the Panzer Unit that operates the artillery her Cart Titan carries in battle. Pieck eagerly shares a word with them. The soldier leads Pieck and Galliard to an empty building, and she realizes that they have been led into a trap as the soldier cuts a nearby rope. It opens a trap door beneath her and Galliard.
Pieck and Galliard fall into a Warrior confinement area, fracturing their bones in the process. They observe the lack of space to transform, so decide to wait with the supplies provided. Galliard questions the identity and intentions of the soldier who trapped them. Pieck states that she is not sure, but she remembers the soldier from somewhere before. Later, the two begin to feel tremors from outside. Pieck deduces that the tremors are from Titans fighting outside, and that this would be the reason they were trapped. While discussing a means of escape, her Panzer Unit comes to the Warriors' rescue. She explains to Galliard that she took safety measures because of their suspicious escort. The soldiers let down a rope, and help the Warriors climb out of the pit.
Pieck's unit informs them about the Attack Titan's sudden appearance, and how the War Hammer Titan is currently engaging it in battle. Pieck orders her unit to prepare her Titan's armor, and Galliard prepares to go and join the battle. Before he leaves, Pieck suggests that he observes the situation for a little while. They are then shocked to see a group of soldiers fly over them using vertical maneuvering equipment. As the others stare in awe, Pieck recalls seeing the same technology during her brief time on Paradis Island.
Though it takes some time, Pieck has her Panzer Unit equip her Titan with the heavy machine-gun armament, believing that it would be perfect against the vertical maneuvering equipment. When she arrives at the battlefield, she and the Panzer Unit surprise the Survey Corps with an artillery barrage, killing several soldiers and saving Galliard. She perches on top of a building and joins the rest of the Titans of Marley in a showdown against the Survey Corps. Pieck provides cover for Zeke as two soldiers try to approach him with Thunder Spears but nearly gets killed by one, only for Galliard to save her.
After thanking him, Pieck is told to watch out for the Ackerman lurking nearby. She tells Galliard that what they need to do is protect Zeke. Pieck then sees the explosion caused by the transformation of the Colossus Titan at the edge of the city.
After Galliard charges towards Eren, she groups up with Zeke to attack the Survey Corps, but is surprised to see Zeke fall. She and her Panzer Unit become the focus of the Survey Corps and one of her gunners is shot in the head. She charges towards the soldier who killed him, but Jean Kirstein intercepts her and launches a Thunder Spear at Pieck. It bounces off her Titan's helmet and into one of the eye slots where it detonates. The rest of Pieck's gunners are killed by a barrage of Thunder Spears which also severely damages her Titan. Pieck stumbles off the roof of the building and falls right in front of Falco Grice, Gabi, and Magath. Beaten and injured, Pieck is momentarily saved by the sudden intervention of Falco who shields her from Jean.
When Jean fires his Thunder Spear, Pieck releases a small burst of steam and he misses his shot. This gives Falco and Gabi enough time to get Pieck away from the battle while Magath and his soldiers cover their escape. By the time they get Pieck to safety, both Falco and Gabi observe that her injuries are far too severe for her Titan power to catch up with the healing. Despite this, she later stirs as the Warrior candidates call out for Reiner. Pieck recalls that the soldier who had trapped her and Galliard was part of the first survey ship sent to Paradis and presumed to have perished after it failed to report in; realizing that the soldier is a follower of Zeke, Pieck reports to Magath her suspicions.
After the battle, Pieck recovers in a room together with Reiner and Galliard. During an emergency meeting, Magath explains Pieck's theory that Zeke has been planning his raid with a team of co-conspirators from inside the Marleyan Military. Magath then tells the others they will wait for the Global Alliance to assemble before Reiner declares they should launch a surprise attack against Paradis now.
Pieck once again infiltrates Paradis Island, journeying into the walls of the island.
Pieck is praised for her intellect by her fellow Warriors and Marleyan military. She has proved to be able to deduce consequences according to the facts that were presented to her and is regarded as someone who can take the appropriate decisions according to the situation. This ability of her is what motivated the Marleyan military to give her the Cart Titan.
Pieck has the power to transform herself into a 4m Titan known as the Cart Titan. It is the shortest of all known human-controlled Titans.
- Speed: Like the Jaw Titan, Pieck's Titan is known for its devastating speed. During the Mission to Regain the Founding Titan, Pieck was able to successfully retake Zeke from his devastated Beast Titan form during his fight against Levi Ackerman, he himself noted for his immense speed. This incapacitated him long enough for them to make their escape. During the battle at Fort Slava, Pieck was tasked alongside Galliard to take out the bunkers of the Mid-East Allied Forces.
- Enhanced Strength: Like all humans with the power of the Titans, Pieck's Titan form has strength stronger than Pure Titans. Due to the unique appearance of the Cart Titan, she is oftentimes used as a pack mule, being able to carry barrels and crates across her Titan's back.
- Communication: Pieck is one of the few Titan inheritors seen to be capable of speech in her Titan form. During the Return to Shiganshina arc, she acted as a Scout for Zeke and Reiner, warning them of the imminent Survey Corps. She shares this ability with Ymir, Zeke, and Willy's sister.
- Enhanced Transformation Endurance: While most other humans containing the power of the Titans are unable to stay in their Titan forms for extended periods of time at risk of absorption, Pieck is able to stay in this form for extremely long periods of time due to the power of her Cart Titan. However, due to her Titan form walking on all fours, Pieck oftentimes forgets how to walk on two legs after leaving Titan form. During the Marley Mid-East War, Pieck stated that she spent around two months in her Titan form, and as a result, has begun to walk with the aid of a crutch.
- Steam emission: Pieck is able to emit a brief burst of steam from her Cart Titan when regenerating.
- Porco Galliard - Pieck appears to be very close friends with Galliard. The two Warriors grew especially close during the Marley Mid-East War, frequently fighting by each other's side in several battles including the battle of Fort Slava at the end of the war. She occasionally refers to him by the affectionate nickname "Pock" (ポッコ Pokko?), though this name seems to irritate him. The pair appeared to have been friends since they were children, training together as Warrior candidates.
- Zeke Yeager - Like the other Warriors, Pieck is shown to greatly respect and admire her war chief. During the battle in Shiganshina, she alerted Zeke to the presence of the Survey Corps and subsequently rescued him and Reiner when the battle came to a conclusion. During said battle, she was also shown gathering rocks for him to aim at the approaching Survey Corps, until he told her to stop otherwise. Like Galliard, she has known Zeke since childhood. After realizing that Zeke was working with Paradis and defected from Marley, Pieck was shocked but realized that it made sense after recognizing the soldier who trapped her as one of Zeke's followers.
- Marlowe Freudenberg
- Erwin Smith
- At least 48 unnamed Survey Corps members
- At least 6 unnamed Mid-East Allied Forces soldiers
- Levi Ackerman
- Hange Zoë
- Mikasa Ackerman
- Jean Kirstein
- Connie Springer
- Sasha Blouse
- During Pieck's debut appearance, Hajime Isayama was considering designing Pieck as a middle-aged man. However, he later decided to design Pieck as a young adult woman.
- The official English translation of the Attack on Titan Character Encyclopedia incorrectly states Pieck's birthday as February 10th, and her height and weight as 140 cm and 34 kg respectively; information which actually corresponds to Falco Grice. Falco has his information translated correctly, so both characters are shown with the same statistics. This is a mistake of the English translation that is not present in the original Japanese edition of the book.