i though there will be disscussion on his or her gender.220.127.116.11 12:44, September 10, 2013 (UTC)
Lol16:09, September 10, 2013 (UTC)
Why? Just because he has a female voice actress in the anime? That's quite common for young males in and out of anime (Bart Simpson too has a female voice actress for example).
It's very rare that adult men can sound like pre-puberty boys and actual boys will hit puberty sooner or later, which means the voice has to be re-cast. So the studios use a female actress instead. NoNickNeeded (talk) 17:01, September 10, 2013 (UTC)
Well, it seemed like the anon was surprised we didn't even discuss it here. Poor Hanji. But yeah, Naruto, Edward, Alphonse, Hitsugaya; say hi to these boys' female VAs17:13, September 10, 2013 (UTC)
look at this . i think armin is a trap although he or she got all sign to be a girl such as being week, female like face and stature. i would not suprised if eran fall in love with Armin because she is the queen of the story development. one more things there is no offical announcement on gender. 18.104.22.168 07:49, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
Wow, could you manage to be any less offensive there?
Trap is a transphobic term, please don't use it. Referring to a male character as a "Queen" simply because he isn't manly enough in your opinion is also REALLY ignorant and offensive.
Armin has never been portrayed in the series as anything other than a young boy. Remember that he is 10 - 15 years old over the course of the story and therefore in puberty. Not all male characters have chiseled SUPER MANLY faces, and Isayama handles characters with different kinds of strengths well. Armin is not a physical fighter compared to the others (who are all top-ranked soldiers), but that doesn't make him any less of a man.
I honestly wonder if you're trolling, but you never know.
That's a fanart...08:17, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
Armin is NOT A GIRL!!! He has and never will be one either! Just because he is shown as timid, smart, self conscious and weak doesn't nessecarily mean he is any more feminine than any other male character! If you think that makes him "girly," that's kind of offensive! Armin is just a pre-puberty boy, jeez!22.214.171.124 23:52, July 15, 2014 (UTC)OtakuKitKat
- Please take note of the date of the last post here. You are a few months late to a long forgotten dispute. NeoSuperior (talk) 00:14, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Not so forgotten after all, it would seem. According to Isayama himself, Armin is a girl. AntiSJW (talk) 11:13, October 9, 2014 (UTC)
As posted in the image description: Q: Out of the group of female characters in the 104th Trainee Squad, who did Mikasa get along with the most? A: Armin
Did you mean the part where he places Armin among the female characters?
Armin's Appearance Section
Why is Armin's appearance section of the wiki completely blank? 126.96.36.199 21:11, October 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Because no one has added it in yet. I was going to add a lot of missing content across all pages (similar to how I've done with Annie's page as you could see how it's essentially complete at this point) but I've been busy with University studies. Give it time and I'm sure someone will add more stuff in the pages (that's until I decide to add them on my own). Heck everyone's free to add missing content and if you want you can do it as well (be sure to sign up here with your own account so it's easier to keep track of what you're doing). Remember even you're hesitant to post stuff, you can simply refer to other pages that are more complete and use them as a guide, not to mention we can always help when tweaking the grammar and info anyway. DementedP (talk) 21:27, October 5, 2013 (UTC)
Armin is a female.
Just so you all know.. It's been confirmed that Armin is actually a female =O. Believe that?!
188.8.131.52 15:13, October 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Remember that Isayama is infamous for making jokes. Armin cross-dressing is a long-running joke.
Actually the creater said that Armin is a girl here- http://zakitakubu.com/2014/10/09/shingeki-no-kyojin-armin-is-a-girl/ Silenthillgod100 (talk) 02:52, October 10, 2014 (UTC)silenthillgod100
- It's a joke. Armin has already been confirmed within the series to be male, while side-material often makes fun of not only Armin's looks but Mikasa being unfeminine. So the joke, essentially, is that the "girl" the "manly" Mikasa gets along with best is Armin. --Harostar (talk) 04:13, October 10, 2014 (UTC)
isn't wasn't already a page about this topic already, there probably should be...
In all honesty, while watching the subtitled anime with my wife, we both assumed Armin was a girl for a very long time. This could be attributed to many reasons, as already discussed here and other places. The consensus seems to be that Armin is a male, but my wife and I were both surprised when Armin was referenced within an episode using "he," instead of "she" as we expected. This wouldn't be signifcant if it wasn't because we literally paused the show and had to rewind it to confirm what we read.
I can't pretend to be an expert at Japanese translation, and considering how late I am to the AoT universe I'm in no position to try and correct folks. But, it is absolutely reasonable that anyone -- especially English-speaking audiences who can't pickup subtle nuances in a language they don't understand -- would assume Armin is female.
Adding to this confusion is Isayama trolling his fans with cryptic hints of Armin being one of the "female characters in the 104th."
We can only make assumptions using the information we're given, and the clues point to Armin being a male. But let's try not to stifle discussion about anything around these parts, lest we forget the policy of this wiki: "...create a welcoming and fun environment for those who are civil to and assume good faith in others, seek consensus in discussions, and work towards the goal of creating an increasingly comprehensive database about everything in the Shingeki no Kyojin universe." Part of that comprehensive discussion is going over controversies and ambiguity in the story. This kind of controversy is the sign of a good story.
Considering the large amount of content about this particular topic (here and elsewhere) it seems reasonable to include a least some sort of reference to the controversy, if only to help new audiences understand what many of us already know.
Seems Armin's voice actress confirmed that Armin is actually MALE. And it seems that was in RESPONSE to people that were asking due to that joke from Isayama. Source: http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7886851.html NeoSuperior (talk) 03:14, December 10, 2014 (UTC)
Why the afirmation: "Isayama has stated that Armin and Nifa are likely aware of their resemblance in looks with each other because it is often mentioned by others." Is referenced with a youtube video? The reference should be an external link, not a video. And I see this in other pages... 184.108.40.206 03:12, April 9, 2016 (UTC)
- I also prefer references to be cited by links to official sites or images containing the info. Regardless, they are slowly being replaced with proper references, but if you happen to have links to the info where the specific trivia comes from, feel free to change the reference to reflect that. EternalLocket (talk) 05:01, April 9, 2016 (UTC)
Armin's manga image
I propose a replacement for Armin's current manga image to one of those three:
- I vote for the third one, or the first if a majority of others like it more. But definitely not the second one, too much expression. --GodKingReiss (talk) 21:04, February 9, 2017 (UTC)
What can Armin's titan form do
If you been reading the manga we know Armin is now a titan shifter and he ate Bertolt and what can Bertolt's titan can do we know that. To gain an ability you have to eat a titan shifter with the abilities they want Grisha Yeager (Eren's Father) wanted the cordinate ability from Fridra (Sorry I can't spell). And Fridra lost and Grisha was able to get the cordinate abitlity then Eren ate his dad now Eren has the cordinate ability. So what did Bertolt's titan do but since Armin ate Bertolt what can Armin's titan do mayble later in the manga we'll know. But right now we don't know but based on Eren's memories Eren is able to see what his father did and what happened to Fridra just because Grisha ate Fridra. And Eren ate Grisha so now Eren can see what happend. Who did Bertolt eat and what will Berttolt's memories show Armin and will that help humanilty?