Updating the news and latest chapter info.
Please update the news and latest chapter information. Or how can I do it?
Putting forth the suggestion that anonymous editing be locked for at least a few days. Seems like the vandalism is not only a daily occurance lately, but getting progressively worse.
Unfortunately I have to agree. I know that you guys want anons to be part of the community, but at this point you're gonna find bunch of articles with offensive vandalism every day.09:14, July 7, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah, I really wonder what triggered it. It doesn't seem to be one person doing it, as I've seen several very different IPs and types of vandalism.
I have to agree with you guys but this isn't my decision to make, I'll have to talk to Jo4n about it.
The main page got messed up so many times today... I think it should be at least protected to only be editable by registered users.
That's not a bad idea. It is done. Thanks for telling me.
Separate pages for Titan forms.<SPOILERS>
Shouldn't we try making separate pages for Eren's, Annie's, Betholdt's and Reiner's Titan form so as to avoid unintentional spoilers for Anime-only watchers and others who haven't caught up with the story. Not saying we should remove the Titan descriptions from their original pages, just that the colossal Titan should not redirect to Bertholdt Fubar and same for other Titans.
Also why not include a 'heavy spoilers' header on the top of the pages of Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner, asking the reader to read further only once they have caught up with the story?
Vandalism is getting out of hands
Simply block anon users from editing.
I came to the site just to try to find a chapter # where something happens, and I noticed there are hardly any references anywhere (I was on Hange and Levi's pages). Also, the standard reference that is used on these pages appears to be the anime and not the manga? Is this going to be a permanent thing, even as more accurate, manga-based information becomes available (from Kodansha)? —Preceding unsigned comment added by AndYOUcanTOO (talk • contribs)
Yeah, you're right about references missing in a lot of places. As far as I'm concerned, I've been planning to start adding the references to the articles myself, manga ones, to be exact, however, I've been held back in the last month as I'm working (8 hours a day too T_T) so I haven't been able to start on it yet. I'm hoping to do it soon, though.15:03, July 30, 2013 (UTC)
Aw, it's pretty sad to see that we can't add any more comments down below the article :c
But to mikoso3 ( sorry if i spelled your user wrong) the manga has limited info yet gives some info that wasnt put in the anime. the anime explains a lot about whats going on but thats what i think . but please do add the manga refs. ! it would help greatly to the wikia ! thanks <3
Manga is the primary source therefore it should be prefered over anime, however in case the anime expands something and it doesn't go again manga, it can be added I think.17:26, July 30, 2013 (UTC)
Well I'm glad to know the manga will be the preferred reference, going forward. If that's the case then I'll feel more confident in contributing from time to time myself. —Preceding unsigned comment added by AndYOUcanTOO (talk • contribs)
List of Things I Am Confused:
1.) The Basement under the Jaeger Family's house. Ofcourse all of wants to know what's the real secret about this the whole time.
2.) Why did Berthold and Reiner destroyed wall maria, also, why did Annie killed so many elite troops? it's a lost to manpower, and also from whose order did the three of them are obeying.
3.) Since the shifting of Ymir i kinda thought of the chapter where a member of the scouting legion was almost eaten by a titan where the titan bowed and said "Ymir Sama" before eating her totally. I am very curious because the information was known to Hanji, Levi & Irvin. Hmmm . . . what's behind it?
4.) The Relationship of the Wall Cult & The Ape Titan. Also, how did the humans build the wall rose with titans inside it, could it possibly be because of the help of the Ape Titan?
5.) If humans can experiment and manipulate themselves to become TITAN SHIFTERS! For the love of pete why didn't they use that knowledge to bring down the titans themselves!?
6.) Grish Jaeger could it be that Grisha was the one who planned the attack against humanity. Well it's kinda rubbish but to think humans who can shift are against humans? WTF, why? For Power?
7.) Hehehe. . . . I hope everyone will answer this curiosity as well as satisfy them if not to be satisfied atleast i want to know what other people are thinking . . . . and also it's kinda boring at home no one to talk to.22.214.171.124 11:50, August 19, 2013 (UTC)||PK||
We're all looking for the answers of your questions, unfortunately, until it's revealed in the manga, we won't know. ^_^ However, you kind of posted this at an incorrect place, talk pages are for discussing changes to articles. You should've posted this as a blog.11:58, August 19, 2013 (UTC)
Official Name Translations.
Why is no one editing them yet? It was already confirmed though so I was wondering why no one's fixing the character name spellings.
List: http://papermoon2.tumblr.com/post/46795590839/attack-on-titan-shingeki-no-kyojin-confirmed-official Uminecry (talk) 20:23, September 5, 2013 (UTC)
At the moment, we're not following Kodansha USA's translation as official, unless there's a proof that it comes directly from the author.20:25, September 5, 2013 (UTC)
The names will be taken from the Blu-Ray subtitles, which will supposedly also have English ones, if I understood correctly. When will the Blu-Ray-Discs be released? NeoSuperior (talk) 23:00, September 5, 2013 (UTC)
Concerning name translations, these appear to be official merchandise released by the company Contents Seed. All the names are translated, and seem to match Kodansha USA's translations.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's directly using Kodansha's translations though17:30, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
Is it just me, or do we have no home-button anywhere that leads us directly to the home-page? ("home-page" refers to the page that this is the talk page of) i.e. to get to the home-page, we have to manually write the adress into the adress bar everytime. I suggest the admins add a direct link somewhere, or alternatively tell where such a button is, if one should already exist. NeoSuperior (talk) 00:52, September 15, 2013 (UTC)
There's a 'Back to page' button on top of the talk page, under its title.17:30, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I was wondering where the main background on the wiki is from? 126.96.36.199 03:09, October 13, 2013 (UTC)
- It's official art by Isayama taken from the official site. And yes, this is the wrong place to ask; the correct place should be here. hfc2X 03:53, October 13, 2013 (UTC)
I don't know if it is just me, but it seems the frame is too wide ever since the "christmas decorations" were added. It would be good if one of the admins could fix that. NeoSuperior (talk) 17:55, December 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Since I'm having the same issue on every wikia I checked I think it's something the wikia itself did and thus possibly something beyond the admins' control. NoNickNeeded (talk) 18:07, December 4, 2013 (UTC)
Welcome to the first stage of the Darwin Project (read: useless and retarded updates or "let's fix things that aren't broken"), the 'Fluid Layout'. Now, the wikia's width enlarges or becomes smaller depending on the size of your screen. In other words, wikia has gotten rid of what made the Oasis skin so much better than Monobook. Not only that, they did some updates to CSS and I'm quite surprised that our background can still be viewed, because on UQ Holder wiki it completely disappeared on me and on FT wiki it reverted itself to the one that was used years ago.
tl;dr: Our main page, background and articles are fucked up because everyone views them different way depending on their screen size. Amusing, isn't it?20:18, December 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh and the best thing: This update is applied globally, we can't even decide or reject it or have any function to keep using the old Oasis. 20:20, December 4, 2013 (UTC)
Years of Birth
This occurred to me: we know when Eren was born, even his official age, yet with other characters we know the latter but we don't add the former. We even know that it takes place in 850. My question is, why haven't/don't we add the year of birth? --KiumaruHamachi (talk) 16:05, December 9, 2013 (UTC)KiumaruHamachi
We don't know the exact time of the current events though. I'm actually inclined to remove the birthyear from Eren's article as well.16:48, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
- When I first came here, I actually thought that there was an actual timeline, in Eren's article and I believe his father's, it states "Year 844". Though, having a year not being stated in OUTSIDE (databook) makes me privy to say that all references to "in-universe" years should be removed. The only references we have to a year is the first chapter. --KiumaruHamachi (talk) 18:03, December 9, 2013 (UTC)KiumaruHamachi
- There have been several years mentioned throughout the story, directly in the manga or anime, we know the year when Mikasa got adopted, the year when Colossal Titan appeared for the first time, there were also some years mentioned during Eren's training as a soldier. When Colossal Titan appeared for the second time, Eren said it had been 5 years, however, I believe that since then, no mentions of timeline have appeared. 18:23, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
- That's what I mean, like just saying "5 years ago" gives no mention of a timeline. Though, since there have been years mentioned... is it warrant enough to, not have an official timeline, but well, to keep Eren's birth year and add those whose ages are known... not sure if that makes sense. --KiumaruHamachi (talk) 18:55, December 9, 2013 (UTC)KiumaruHamachi
The last -directly- mentioned year is during Eren's training, so we cannot be really sure how much time passed since then. Even if we know that right now it's year X, we don't know if it's January or August so putting a birthyear would be speculative.19:54, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
I agree with Miskos3. Unless and if an age is stated that we can then correlate to the timeline, to guess a birthyear would be a bad idea, as it would be inaccurate and a rough guess with little supporting evidence.
- Done~ 19:10, December 10, 2013 (UTC)
- That's why it was made into a blog, not an actual article. It isn't meant to be fully exact, and of course, it won't be considered (much) in actual articles. It's basically "Just so you know" information :)
23:11, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
- LOL I stated there that most times are approximated, unconfirmed and that I used japanese raws for the info, not awful scanlations. The only times that are exact are the ones in the Clash of Titans arc (not the hour, but the time lapses), because they are stated in the manga. hfc2X 23:24, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
- That's why it was made into a blog, not an actual article. It isn't meant to be fully exact, and of course, it won't be considered (much) in actual articles. It's basically "Just so you know" information :)
"Search page" glitch
There is a glitch in the "Search page" (the page you enter everytime when you type something into the search bar and press enter). The "TOP PAGES" frame shows Eren's character image in full size, while the others are in thumbnail size, which causes that Eren's character information text along with half of Levi's thumbnail image and character information overlaps with Eren's fullsize image. NeoSuperior (talk) 06:56, December 21, 2013 (UTC)
Age of characters
So, I wanted to ask why the age of some characters are shown. Were their age mentioned at some point or was it simply "calculated" from their birthdates? But even if it was calculated, the problem is still that we do not know the date of the current events in the story, so some who may have been 15 at the beginning could be 16 now. NeoSuperior (talk) 15:51, January 14, 2014 (UTC)
Yeah, we actually talked about this a section above but kind of forgot to remove them...16:00, January 14, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't know which characters you refer to, but specifically, Eren and the others have their ages mentioned in the databooks, and in Annie's case, Isayama said that at the time of her capture, she was 16. hfc2X 17:56, January 14, 2014 (UTC)
Just why the heck is this site handling spoilers so abysmally?!
Referring to the fact that a lot of heavy manga-only spoilers (perhaps mainly Reiner, Bert and Ymir being Titans, with the former two being really plot-significant ones) are pretty much forcefully shoved down your throat once you try to find unrelated info on this site. It's pretty infuriating, honestly.
I read, on one of the talk pages for the Titan shifters, that the moderators allegedly were content with having one spoiler warning on the front page, to make readers aware of the fact they're entering this site at their own risk. If that's the case, then why would you choose a font size that makes it barely readable for visitors? Also, this is a wiki, so spoilers are of course to be expected, but with - oh, I don't know - the spoilers marked (spoiler tags are a thing, people) or that it's somehow acknowledged that you're about to read some pretty dang big spoilers, so perhaps you shouldn't read this if you don't want heavily plot-significant things ruined for you; you know, instead of permanently imprinting it onto our brains before we've even had a chance to comprehend what sort of info we were accessing? (Directing Titan names to character pages and spoiling their Titan status in the first paragraph of their character bios are pretty cheap moves).
What's arguably the worst though is that due to the traffic this site is getting, when you search for something AoT-related on Google for instance, this site will most likely show up as one of the first results. Do you have any idea how many people have gotten these Shifter identities revealed for them against their will due to how badly this site handles that sort of thing? (Just try and Google "Colossal Titan" and "Armored Titan" for yourselves and see).
Plot twist: Any spoiler tags would be useless because Google would pick up the text anyway and show it up in search results. And besides, it's kind of common sense that searching for info about series (or entering a wiki about said series) that you are not caught up with will lead into spoilers. Yes, it sucks to be spoiled, but it's not our fault.17:39, March 23, 2014 (UTC)
As Miskos said, there's absolutely nothing we can do about Google. Whatever warnings, tags or anything we put in the articles will not prevent Google from showing you the text and content anyways. Besides, did you know that Attack on Titan started in 2009? It's kinda obvious that there will be a lot of info out there. In fact, it's not just this wiki that will spoil you, but almost any Google search result for anything related to the series (like "Colossal Titan") will give you blatant spoilers. hfc2X 19:09, March 23, 2014 (UTC)
could you make tegami bachi wiki as your affiliate? thanks! --Sanbagarasu 04:31, April 14, 2014 (UTC)
Something isn't right.
I'm clearly sure that Levi's last name is Rivialle, not Ackerman, because that happens to be Mikasa's last name. This needs to be fixed. However, I haven't read the manga, so if there is last name screw up has something to do with it, then Hell, I'm sorry. All I know is that his last name is Rivialle, not Ackerman.
But nonetheless, fix it. Please.
188.8.131.52 23:25, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
- While I don't want to spoil the Manga since you have not read it, suffice it to say that his name is confirmed to be Ackerman in the manga. This occurs after chapter 33, which is as far as the anime got. Rivialle is his romanised name that often appears when people are translating his name. Ackerman is his last name as of post Chapter 33 manga, and Rivialle is a romanised version of Levi. If you check his page we have a notice right after saying "Often incorrectly romanised as Rivialle. Thanks! PrelateZeratul (talk) 23:30, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
- What PrelateZeratul said. It's his last name. It was confirmed in a recent chapter. There's this guy named Captain Ackerman who is wondering where "Levi Ackerman" is and all. Fair warning, this Wikia is NOT spoiler-free. Also, Rivaille is an incorrect romanization. Gurgatory (talk) 23:33, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Not me. And please don't use the main page talk for things like this. That's what blog posts are for. hfc2X 02:03, July 2, 2014 (UTC)
Hey guys i just recently came across this... but apparrently Armin is a Girl...
still gonna see if this needs further confirmation but yeah... it just happened...
sorry yaoi fan girls
why isn't there any thing on there swords. please
Reorder, possible removal of the featured image
I just reordered some elements of the right sidebar: I moved the sections of News and Wiki News to the top since they get more attention there, and I'd like to remove the Featured image since it seems useless to me. What do you think? Manuel de la Fuente (talk) 03:21, March 27, 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with the decision to move news closer to the top where it will be more seen but would recommend against removing the Featured Image. It provides a stylistic aid to the Main Page and allows us to emphasise what we feel is most important about the recent chapter, similar to our featured article.--PrelateZeratul (talk) 03:29, March 27, 2015 (UTC)
- The change looks fine to me. But I am also hesitant about removing the featured image. It's not that we lack pictures on the front page. But in my opinion there may be too many words. Maybe we could shrink the size of the featured and latest chapter templates? EternalLocket (talk) 04:56, March 27, 2015 (UTC)
While I may never use it, I do like them in one widget as opposed to before. But I would personally prefer them smaller. As I don't want them to have the same amount of focus as the character pictures. And possibly even make the widget itself collapsible. EternalLocket (talk) 15:29, April 4, 2015 (UTC)
Portal and Slider
That "Portal" is actually just a grid of characters. Since the slider also has a link called "Characters", I was thinking in renaming the Portal to Characters and modify the slider. This is my proposal for the links of the new slider:
- I have no problem with renaming "Portal" and the slider. Although the only link I'd rather see removed is the "Series" link. I don't think eight links up there would be too much. --EternalLocket (talk) 01:03, April 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, I was not talking about the links under the slider, I was referring to the slider itself. Each image has a link, and I would like to change those links, and maybe change the images too.
- I updated the slider. The changes can be seen in this edit. Also renamed the portal to Characters and made a slight reorder. --Manuel de la Fuente (talk) 14:42, April 12, 2015 (UTC)
- What stats and what do you mean with "physically represented"?--Manuel de la Fuente (talk) 02:35, July 8, 2015 (UTC)
I've noticed that Sasha profile picture on the main page has still not been changed to her newer one... Should we make that change or is it being left alone for a reason? --JinxTheFunhouse (talk) 06:16, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Uhmm, I didn't update it because I was about to propose something about the characters' images, but at the end I forgot to do both things. :P
- I'm going to update it now.--Manuel de la Fuente (talk) 12:39, August 30, 2015 (UTC)
I noticed that it still says you can read Chapter 72 for free on crunchyroll under the news tab. I know it's a really tiny detail but I just wanted to point that out as it isn't free any more. (￣。￣)～ --JinxTheFunhouse (talk) 16:36, September 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Actually since the new chapter is out, it's supposed to be archived. I'm a little rusty, but I'm gonna change it. EternalLocket (talk) 16:41, September 11, 2015 (UTC)
I've just seen that there are a few minor spelling errors in the home screens chapter summary that I can't edit. There is:
- The Survey Corps walk on the forest at midnight (walk in the forest*)
- since the sun it's starting to rise. (since the sun is starting to rise*)
- no Titans around, what for Levi means that they are in the enemy's pocket. (I don't know what that was supposed to say but I'd change it to, "no Titans around, and Levi notes that they are in the enemies pocket"*)--JinxTheFunhouse (talk) 18:45, September 29, 2015 (UTC)
It's been updated to mimic that chapter's current overview. But that 3rd sentence is really bothering me, it just seems like a weird way to say that. Any suggestions? EternalLocket (talk) 19:22, September 29, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm going to remove it, I want to give more visibility to the other elements, especially the counter.--Manuel de la Fuente (talk) 15:55, October 3, 2015 (UTC)
Its funny, how if you've seen the manga up to date, you know who berthold and reiner are, I dont know for you guys but for me its so funny how you get the hints in S1 already, like in EP10 when the cannon shot is shot at Eren and reinder cant stand the thouth of him transforming in the wall, thats why he annie and berthold rushed to see whats going on.Anyone else wanna debate such hints?XDanother one is when the goverment wanted Eren after they found out about him, but that was most likely Ross's orders and etc.--Kotkatat (talk) 13:44, April 28, 2016 (UTC)
- You should put this on our forum, the talk pages are only to discuss edits related to the article itsef. Also, very few people will see you comment here, so it's very unlikely that you will get an answer. And when commenting on talk pages, don't forget to sign you comments typing "~~~~" or using the option available among the buttons at the top of this editor. I just added your signature manually so your comment wouldn't remain anonymous.--Manuel de la Fuente (talk) 14:15, April 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, it is. No need to worry. You can still reach "Assault" via the search engine if you need to. :) The site will be back to normal tomorrow. RuneLai (talk) 22:24, April 1, 2018 (UTC)