Hello there, welcome to Zeke Yeager's talk page! Whilst you are here, we would like you to take a quick look at some rules, failure to follow these rules may result in a block, you have been warned.
- Sign your comments with ~~~~
- No Spamming.
- Profanity should be kept to a minimum
- Make it clear and readable
- English only
- No spoilers!
- Put it under a new heading for a new topic (e.g. "Titan shifting.")
- Always follow the rules==
Speculation: Infector type?
This is pure speculation.
If we take it that, in fact, the villagers in Connie's hometown were neither evacuated nor eaten, then the most logical, if unlikely, explaination is that they became titans. If this is the case though, how did this come about? What changed?
I believe that the Ape Titan might be the key. He is exceptionally different to other titans,with intelligence, knowledge of (eh... human?) language and exceptional strength. It's a bit of a leap, but it's still more believeable than an entire village simultaneously turning into Titans for no discernable reason.
Also, it is quite probable that the Ape Titan has a human form, as it climbed down the opposite side of the wall, into the area between Rose and Sina.
A hunter and a gentleman. (talk) 00:52, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's what most people believe, I haven't really been thinking about what happened to the villages but more the fact that Eren and co did not see this 17m hairy thing climbing down wall rose and not even engaging it in combat, this leads me to believe that the Ape Titan cannot be seen in the dark (JkJk)
- Honestly, I don't know what to believe, if the Ape Titan lived within the walls it would already know about the 3DMG so why take it? Its a mystery! XGlass ReflectionTalk
- If you look back, it didn't take the entire 3DMG. It only took the black box :the area that we know nothing of, that the engineers guard as secret. - ZeroBackwards (talk) 10:12, August 4, 2013 (UTC)
You know, I keep seeing people talking about Wall Sina in relation to the Ape Titan. But remember, it was running around the Southern portion of Wall Rose and climbed over it by Castle Utgard......which is also located close to Wall Rose. (As they were riding along it to look for where the Titans got in.) The Ape Titan climbed back over into Wall Maria's territory, the same as when Reiner and Bertholdt fled with Eren and Ymir. Eren and co started OUT in Wall Sina, which is why it took them so long to arrive.
--Harostar (talk) 10:51, August 4, 2013 (UTC)
I don't know where the name "Ape" Titan came from, but in the manga they call him a "Beast" Titan, not an "Ape" Titan. I believe the distinction is important because someone asked on Tumblr if they even know what Apes are, which is a very good point since it seems they live in a part of the world without apes, and if you recall all outside knowledge is forbidden, and thus wouldn't have any knowledge of Apes.
Bentheechidna (talk) 21:19, September 11, 2013 (UTC)
- 'Ape Titan' is the official name. ;o XGlass ☣ Reflection
- While they can forbid books being kept, they can't just delete something that's common knowledge out of people's heads. The existance of monkeys is common knowledge and thus unlikely to simply evaporate after just one or two generations without seeing a live one.
- Also just because we havn't been shown any does not mean there are none living somewhere within the walls. If we judged from only what we saw and what was mentioned by the characters, the only animals living inside the walls would be pigs, horses, sheep and deer. NoNickNeeded (talk) 08:37, September 14, 2013 (UTC)
Where did you get this information from:
In the latest comic leak it is confirmed that the beast titan is acually a human who turns into a titan on the full moon, later during the issue bertholdt and reiner confront the titan only to get attacked. During the fight reiner rips out his neck to find that the person inside is LeviJennicious (talk) 03:50, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
There's no way this info is real, considering the latest chapters and the fact that Reiner and Bertholdt are running away currently as well as Levi being all the way at the southern border town of Wall Rose with Pastor Nick while the Ape Titan was fighting Mike Zakarius and assaulting Castle Utgard. On top of that, the Ape Titan can't be anyone we know because he doesn't know what 3DMG is and refers to humans as a separate species.
Bentheechidna (talk) 07:39, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
Where did you get the info that the Beast Titan is Eren's Father?Jennicious (talk) 08:19, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
In Appearance, how come there is alot of repeating images of Ape Titan? Some should please correct the error? Jennicious (talk) 08:44, November 16, 2013 (UTC)
The Real Villain?
If the Beast Titan is the one responsible for turning the people into Titans, then it would make perfect sense to label it as the main villain of the franchise, with additional Titans, Titan Shifters like the Colossal and Armored, as its subordinates.--Aggression25 (talk) 22:35, May 18, 2015 (UTC)
According to the Crunchyroll translation, the Beast Titan wasn't referring to Annie, saying "You can worry about saving him later." Given that the reference to Annie was in the fan translation that also messed up Hange's gender along with the name of the districts, should we edit that bit out? --188.8.131.52 00:15, June 10, 2015 (UTC)
- I noticed that part with the Beast Titan, after reading it I assumed he was talking about Reiner. I think we should; I'm not sure where fan translations got Annie from, maybe they thought it was a mistake. EternalLocket (talk) 03:38, June 10, 2015 (UTC)
- I beleive it was a "Ani" as in the japanese word for brother so he did mean Reiner Nibbler3100 (talk) 05:27, June 11, 2015 (UTC)
Speculation: Mr. Smith
Can the Beast Titan be Erwin Smith's Father, they both have blonde hair and he did say his father was curious about the mysteries of the world he also wasnt around during the time of the 3DMG. Nibbler3100 (talk) 05:34, June 11, 2015 (UTC)
- But his father was murdered by the MPs, right? 184.108.40.206 09:59, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes he was, Djel Sanes admits he and some others were killed by the Military Police. Hair color can't be determined from a black and white manga. Regardless, I feel confident that 3DMG was around when Erwin's father was alive. I also believe that the Beast Titan knows more about the world than most of the people within the walls. EternalLocket (talk) 03:44, June 13, 2015 (UTC)
- I meant to reply to this sooner, but didn't get the chance... I think it is a possibility (though it is a VERY slim one). I think it is possible that Mr. Smith escaped the MPs, and they merely reported that they had succeeded in killing him (I would not put it past them). Also, I agree with Locket that 3DMG was likely around during his time (especially if we consider Before the Fall canon material), but I would like to point out that Eren's Titan-Shifting ability tends to walk hand-in-hand with memory gaps (recall that Eren rarely remembers his time in Titan form). I think it's entirely possible that the Beast Titan didn't recognize 3DMG because he was suffering from Shifter-induced amnesia at the time. Of course, these are all BIG if's, and are most likely wrong.--Neetaku (talk) 02:51, June 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Some people doubt this but didn't the beast titan not know if he spoke the same language, but erwin's father would hve spoken the language wouldn't he? Grz349 (talk) 17:27, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
True, and before the Beast Titan's real name was revealed to be Zeke, that wouldn't have cleared Mr. Smith either. Considering Zeke was an experienced Titan Shifter, and Eren was woefully inexperienced, in my opinion it would seem just as likely if Mr. Smith was also unsure if he could speak the same language in Titan form. EternalLocket (talk) 18:57, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
Where is Zeke's name mentioned the first time?--Boris Baran (talk) 00:04, June 28, 2016 (UTC)
- He's first named in The World They Saw, Chapter 77, where the Quadrupedal Titan addresses him as "War-Chief Zeke". --GodKingReiss (talk) 00:06, June 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Thx!!--Boris Baran (talk) 00:12, June 28, 2016 (UTC)
I kind find it strange about his ability of throwing a stone above the speed of sound. The Speed of sound in air with a relative density of ≈1,293 kg/m3 is ≈343 m/s. The article of Zeke says that he can throw a stone faster the 700 feets per seconds which means he only throw the stone with a speed of 215 m/s and yet he breaks the sound barrier?
And how to open a new talk?--Pertev (talk) 01:41, February 23, 2017 (UTC)
Zeke Yeager's abilities
I think the Beast Titan's abilities, namely "Titan creation" and "Titan storage" should be edited. From chapter 93, we came to know that it's an ability specific to Zeke, not to all the Beast Titan's potential users. It is highly likely his abilities are linked to his royal heritage.
Justrobin (talk) 21:59, May 8, 2017 (UTC)IDoNotKnowHowToCorrectlyDoASignature
- Once I get my hands on the official translation of the chapter, I can guarantee you I'll be hard at work making sure Zeke's abilities are fully updated and clarified. It'll be up-to-date by tomorrow at the latest! --GodKingReiss (talk) 22:09, May 8, 2017 (UTC)
Though it's not mentioned on the article, I would like to mention this interesting trivial - As seen in That Day Chapter 86, it showed Zeke while he was young boy, he was seemed holding a doll that resembled his Titan Form later on. Thought that would be worth a mention... FredCat 23:34, May 28, 2017 (UTC)
- That definitely is a nice easter egg worth adding to the wiki, but I think it might be better suited as Trivia for the chapter where it appears. I'll go ahead and add it now! --GodKingReiss (talk) 00:39, May 29, 2017 (UTC)
- Agreed. But if other users voted to add that in Zeke article, then it's up to you as well. FredCat 01:32, May 29, 2017 (UTC)
Middle eastern Union soldiers eaten by Zeke's Titans
I saw that some Middle Eastern Union soldiers were eaten by Zeke's mindless Titans. For example, 2 soldiers are eaten in chapter 92 page 25. Can I mention it on Zeke's page in indirectly killed?Theend3 (talk) 15:38, September 24, 2017 (UTC)