The Science of Attack on Titan (進撃の巨人 空想科学読本 Shingeki no Kyojin Kūsō Kagaku Dokuhon?) is a book by Rikao Yanagita. It explores the theoretical scientific aspects of the nature of the Titans and the technology present in the story of Attack on Titan.
From the Publisher
THE (BRAZENLY MADE-UP) SCIENCE OF TITANWORLD!
Tokyo University dropout Rikao Yanagita, head of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Science Research Institute and author of dozens of bestselling books on the science of sci-fi, manga, and anime, tackles the mysteries of Attack on Titan! Why do Titans, come from the south? Is the maneuvering equipment dangerous? How were the Walls built? The unexpectedly scientific answers to these questions will blow your human minds! Read it alongside the Attack on Titan manga for even more fun surprises!
Table of contents
- SURPRISING TITAN FUNDAMENTALS
- 1. Titan heads regenerate mere minutes after being blown to pieces! What does science have to say about this fearsome ability?
- 2. Titans eat humans just to slaughter them. They don't seem to require food, but how is that possible?
- 3. Their only weakness is the nape of the neck. Why the nape?! Why nowhere else??
- 4. Titans don't have wieners! How on earth do they breed?
- 5. All it takes is a single punch to rip through a Titan body like it was made of tofu! They seem fragile, but when you look at it wish science...
- 6. Titans disappear in a puff if the napes of their necks are cut! You might think you're safe, but don't let your guard down!
- 7. You may know that Titans are hot creatures, but you won't believe how hot we calculated them to be!
- 8. They say Titans come from the south. Let's think about why that could be!
- WHAT SHOULD I DO IF TITANS ATTACK?!
- 1. If a Titan comes running, how fast do you have to go in order to get away?
- 2. Sometimes, Titans are too fast to run from. There's no choice but to fight! But how do you win?!
- 3. One-on-one fights are hopeless! Let's wrack our devious brains to figure out how to destroy them as a species!
- 4. Your last resort: Give up on trying to defeat a Titan and just avoid being eaten!
- ANTI-TITAN MEASURES: HOW EFFECTIVE ARE THEY REALLY?
- 1. The 50-meter Walls that surround human territory: How did people build them a hundred years ago?
- 2. An investigation into the abilities of the vertical maneuvering equipment expertly handled by Mikasa and Captain Levi!
- 3. The ultrahard steel single-edged swords used by soldiers: How effective are they as weapons?
- 4. Captain Levi, humanity's strongest soldier! Can he destroy the Titans and bring a bright future back to humanity?
- SIMPLE QUESTIONS ABOUT ATTACK ON TITAN
- 1. Let's imagine just how big Titans would be in real life!
- 2. Are Titans intelligent? The number of intelligent Titans seems to be growing, but that would be a disaster!
- 3. Humanity's population has shrunk after so many were eaten by Titans. A straightforward look at the frightening pace of population decline!