FANDOM


  •   Loading editor
    • I can't help but feel like they're making a mistake by killing Reiner...hopefully he survives...

        Loading editor
    • DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNN!!

      I'm sorry to the first commenter but Reiner's fucking dead! Those are explosive speartips and in the final pages those speartips are mere inches away from Reiner's head. If Reiner survives that, it's gonna be the cop out of cop outs which I don't think will happen based off the final caption "until the end". 

      I don't know why I'm so excited by this but DAMN! It just really strikes me to see after all this time to finally see someone of the main cast killed off. I mean, just look at the background of this wikia! Who is that on the black portion on the left? A DEAD MAN! That's who!

      This represents a clear tangible victory to the people within the walls.

      THE ONE WHO BREECHED WALL MARIA IS DEAD! HAPPY NEW YEARS!

        Loading editor
    • Now, on to the first portion of Chapter, I mean, I voted 10 in the poll but, and the imagery was striking, but I'm not sure Erwin's existential crisis really worked... I'm gonna read this chapter a few more times (not much dialogue, this chapter went by quickly for me) and reserve my judgment but the most I can say is that there's possibly a bit of foreshadowing that Erwin (I presume he knows where the basement is) might perceive the battle is faultering and decide to pay the basement a visit intended as his last act alive.

      This would be interesting because, and I suspect this runs in strong contrast to the expectations of most of the people here including myself, instead of the survey corps wins the battle and secures the location and then we get a chapter devoted to the basement all neat and wrapped up, maybe the battle begins to go very poorly and in the chaos Erwin decides to go play one last gamble.

        Loading editor
    • Great chapter. Levi panting for breathe kinda worries me. Erwin finally acknowledges Mike's death. Also got to see the thunder spears in action this chapter too. Is this it for Reiner?

        Loading editor
    • I want to say Reiner is dead, I really really do, but this wouldn't be the first time Isayama's pulled a bait and switch like this:

      • Chapter 4 - Eren is seemingly devoured by a Titan, only to show up a few chapters later, in his own Titan form.

      If Isayama did just kill Reiner, then this chapter a 10/10 ALL THE WAY (which is what I put in the above poll) just because Isayama had the guts to finally kill off a main character. But if he pulled another Jean on us...

        Loading editor
    • As much as they built up Reiner's character, it would be a complete waste for him to die off so quickly. He needs a touch more development before he goes to me. Did he ever resolve his identity crisis? What are his true feelings towards his mission? What was his past? How does he feel about dying? While I'm sure he won't make it out of this battle alive, I sincerely doubt he's already dead. Even if the next we see of him is his dying declarations, the thunder spears haven't killed him outright. At least, that's what I'm hoping

        Loading editor
    • Cliff hanger oh boy.. THIS WAS AN AMAZING CHAPTER!! However, I do hope that Reiner is dead, but I feel like Isyama is pulling our strings. Llike many others say, Isayama hasn't killed a main cast member, (unless you count Marco as one (I dunno your choice)) and I bet Bertoldt is gonna show up and stop everything. Still, Isyama better not kill any of the good peeps, and if he does, I finally have a new argument to rage about! I hope reiner gets what he deserves, and the Thunderspears are just so boss! I hope that they can turn dead bodies into titans, since they left the old squad levi's at the battlefield, maybe creating a conflict like levi vs titan squad levi? Just a fun theory...

        Loading editor
    • I wonder if any of the other musicians here might have caught it, but I like how the ends of the thunder spears, especially in the second to last panel, totally look like the ends of guitar/instrument cables.

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      I wonder if any of the other musicians here might have caught it, but I like how the ends of the thunder spears, especially in the second to last panel, totally look like the ends of guitar/instrument cables.

      How awesome would it be to plug one of those into an amp onstage? That would be one hell of a concert!

        Loading editor
    • Another reason why Reiner is likely dead. 

      He came very close to dying in Chapter 74 and I don't think it's likely he's just gonna keep cheating death over and over again. And even if somehow the explosions, happening mere inchese away, doesn't kill him... Mikasa, a slightly winded but still combat-ready Titan Eren, Hange, and Squad Levi are right there. Unless he can fucking teleport, he either dies during the last panel (strongly hinted by the final caption "seek your own justice till the very end") or he's very much on borrowed time.

        Loading editor
    • to me this chapter was some sort of a tale about a warrior and a soldier and the roles that each of them play merge into one another, in comparison, Reiner's living with the constant guilt about breaching the wall when he was a kid, which Erwin is all above with all those deaths that he will never regret. sheesh, such a complicated #76, i'm sad, what a way to wish to all your fans a happy new year Isayama san.

       i don't celebrate anything about this number really. i'm worried about the troops, all they have is new weapons (and still they have to climb/go on close combat) with losses already, and hopefully a titan serum that will work just fine if there are any titan shifters defenseless ready to be eaten: . . .Oh snap!  unfortunately it seems to me that humanity has shown their ace under the sleeve already and i can't bet on Eren's abilities with an enemy that actually can counter everything Eren does and is way more experienced and has the element of surprise, rules the place and titans, and well he's an strategist... hasn't made any moves & is still testing the field, i'm all hopefull it gets really dark in so many ways.  in the other hand i put my expectations with the main event of #76  who knows, perhaps Bertholdt unleashes the full potential his titan can offer, all i can think of is see a moving colossal like Rod Reiss did dunno, maybeee... and what time of the day is at this point, the closer the twilight is, desperation will control the battlefield, will the Beast titan come closer at that point? will Erwin hurry into the basement or will he call a retreat? as if they could.   

      I do expect a wonderful comeback from the bad guys in the next 2 numbers, and i'm terribly sad for Reiner, if there's a still a way he's alive in #77 ... just for a very very short time, it could be awesome if Isayama adds Reiner's few memories about the homeland and who exactly sent him to their mission. 

      Merryxmas every1 and have a prosperous happy new year !

        Loading editor
    • Yeah i thought this was a wonderful chapter. Like the guy above, i hope the first 2016 chapter brings some memories about his past as a Warrior, who educated the three people - including Annie - and why they wanted to kill the humanity. This chapter was awesome, showing only the good guys beating the bad guys' asses, but i hope the next ones, maybe in the next 1, 2 or 3 numbers, shows the bad guys claiming a retaliation, as Bertolt transforms in a few hours after the battle, the Beast Titan using the quadrupedal titan and his overall abilities and Levi doing what he always does again, tbut in a better way. Happy New Year, and that our hopes are realized... :)

        Loading editor
    • Final page : There is a body behind the explosion. It is really close to the explosion. I wonder who is it ?

        Loading editor
    • Now i can't wait to see how they'll deal with the colossal one i'm guessing the option to capture him is out of the window so they'll probably attempt to take his life as well him being slow asf in his titan form lol but they gon have to work around that mass steam he produces tho.

        Loading editor
    • Phil1403 wrote:
      Final page : There is a body behind the explosion. It is really close to the explosion. I wonder who is it ?

      Probably Connie.

        Loading editor
    • Wait, no, look at page 45 and 46 together... it's obvious that at the moment of the explosion, there are three different people getting away from the explosion as it's happening and the person on 46 has a clearly illustrated ODMG line drawn going away from them.

      It would be an interesting plot turn to presume that someone may have gotten killed because they screwed up their approach and exit but there is not enough evidence for that.

        Loading editor
    • I liked that the regular soldiers are finally kicking butt against the shifters, but this chapter seemed extremely short. Plus, Erwin needs a super hug. He is truely his own worst enemy.

        Loading editor
    • Great chapter, 10/10, I hope the Survey Corps finally succeeded in killing Reiner, but then again, I feel sorry for Reiner because he needed to do what he thought is right and we still don't know almost anything about their home (Homeland). I too, think this would be the good time to show a flashback on their life and why they went on a mission against humanity. The thunder spear worked on Reiner but I think the Beast Titan would be much harder to kill.

      Eren's combat techniques improved greatly after his fight with Annie, he can easily defeat the Arored Titan, I wonder who would win if he fought with Annie again.

      The chapter ended too soon, now we wait another month :/

        Loading editor
    • I don't know why but I have a feeling that Bertoldt will help Survey Corpse against Beast Titan ( or sacrifice himself somehow ). I just can't imagine how they could kill or trap him. He also said that he really enjoyed being a soldier, back then when they captured Eren.

        Loading editor
    • Arvjin
      Arvjin removed this reply because:
      Idk i commented something already i just have to shut up
      14:24, December 9, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • 46.169.196.212 wrote:
      I don't know why but I have a feeling that Bertoldt will help Survey Corpse against Beast Titan ( or sacrifice himself somehow ). I just can't imagine how they could kill or trap him. He also said that he really enjoyed being a soldier, back then when they captured Eren.

      You can't possibly think that he'll side with them after what was done to Reiner.. if anything, he'd want to avenge him.

        Loading editor
    • EternalLocket wrote:
      Plus, Erwin needs a super hug. He is truely his own worst enemy.

      I'm inclined to agree. I mean, Erwin puts the deaths of everyone he ordered on himself but considering that others are responsible for creating the world they live in and perpetuating it, he shouldn't bear the responsibilities for those deaths. I mean, he's actually drawn to try to change the world while if people would just pointlessly keep scouting then surveyors could just continue to be slaughtered for another thousand years for all anyone cares, especially considering, given what we now know about the Reiss family, that the whole stated mission of the Survey Corps might be essentially a farce and that they're deliberately sent out to be killed as a warning to the rest of humanity.

      It's just, he feels such guilt but what's really the alternative? He strongly suspects the world people suffer in is an illusion and he wants to pull back the veil with the only means available to him.

        Loading editor
    • in the story, Erwin, in his own way, is a giant of his era. 

      And the way, he face the future, even looking at the past, being preparing to die, and just adding. It's ok, if i can just peak a little bit more in this damn monstruous secret.

      Beautiful.

      Also, you cannot deny guild on such an anormous issue (seeing soldiers and friends being killed one after another).

      In the case of Erwin, don't forget also that he was first involvoed in his father's death, because, as a kid, he talked too much, with the wrong person.

      So guilt is running very deep within his Heart...

      Myself, i'm truly surprised on how strong the character still stand, with so many death people beneath him, such a difficult challenge in front of him, and such an heavy weight on his shoulders... 

        Loading editor
    • Neetaku wrote:
      I want to say Reiner is dead, I really really do, but this wouldn't be the first time Isayama's pulled a bait and switch like this:
      • Chapter 4 - Eren is seemingly devoured by a Titan, only to show up a few chapters later, in his own Titan form.

      If Isayama did just kill Reiner, then this chapter a 10/10 ALL THE WAY (which is what I put in the above poll) just because Isayama had the guts to finally kill off a main character. But if he pulled another Jean on us...

      There was also that bait and switch between chapter 65 , where we thought that Historia turned into a titan to eat Eren, but then at Chapter 66, it begins with Historia having flashback memories then more dialouge, more revealations, then revealed with Rod was the one turning into a titan, while it was good twist at that, but Hajime Isayama can be a bit of hype killer, I mean even I thought Rod was turning into the almighty "God Titan" but turns out to be another Colossal type titan albeit like a giant burning chicken like Titan.

        Loading editor
    • I love Erwin, like a lot, it's one of my favorite characters ever, but he's way too good to be true. And now the author made this approach to the character i started wondering about Erwin's integrity, he's got only 1 arm and this time he might not survive against an enemy of that purview, who or what is he willing to sacrifice?  #76 puts us fans in Erwin's shoes but: Why?  I was so afraid while reading it, the first thing i thought was: "Is Hajime Isayama subtly implying that all those lives were recklessly taken and there will be more to take, will he finally die?"

      We all agree it's important to see if his theory was true after all but, at what cost? The battle is starting and "our main heroes" remain intact; which it leads me to the next question: Will he end to be just a coward that used others to self benefit, (all those lives he took, didn't really matter to us because weren't main characters, except for Mike) but maybe after this battle... might be different. It will be interesting to see what Isayama truly intended to say about Erwin in the last number of the year!

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I think he just feels like a guilty manipulator because he assigns too much blame to himself. I mean, he blames himself for his father's death, when obviously it's the first interior's fault.

        Loading editor
    • I believe Erwin's death was foreshadowed in this chapter. Getting to the basement will cost him his life. He's seems to be having a ton of guilt for the lives that have ended under his authority, reflecting on his own selfish intent. It's such a shame that he refuses to see how many lives he has saved. Perhaps he is seeking his atonement.

      As for Reiner, it was shocking to see what happened. Especially with him pleading for the corps to wait. I felt bad for him. I really don't know how we could have survived, but he has shown time and time again an uncanny ability to survive right when death comes to take him. And where the f*** is Bertolt?

        Loading editor
    • 1 - Reiner

      He pleaded for his life after the explosion safety guard was already removed. There was no way to halt the explosion at that point. 

      also there is a body close to the explosion/titan's head on the last picture of the chapter; have you seen it ? i wonder who it was ? it seem to me the person was taken within the explosion field.

      2 - Erwin

      Erwin's death ? Well, why not ? He alrady has lost an arm. But that's not how i understood it. My interpretation of this scene is to show his determination. The "game" between regular humans and titan's shifters is at a turning point (check my blogpost) and Erwin is prepared to put his linfe on the line.

      Also, it's showing that Erwin is not just a altruist hero... he also has is own human ambition and selfishness, which is to know a bit more of the hidden truth... he is the son of his father. ;-) 

        Loading editor
    • Nobody would be able to hear Reiner's scream...

        Loading editor
    • I haven't said much on this chapter beyond some small speculation on Reiner's status (I'm not falling for your crap anymore Isayama! You've pulled a bait-and-switch with a main character's life one too many times! You don't have the guts to kill a major character!), but I really feel the need to speak my mind on Erwin's development in this chapter.

      I have to say, I was amazed by the sudden revelation that Erwin may not be all he's cracked up to be. I've always assumed (and up until a few moments from now, stated on my profile page) that Erwin has been fighting for the good of humanity. In my mind, he was the Perfect Darkness (BOOM! MOVIE REFERENCE!) needed to lead the Survey Corps, because he was willing to sacrifice the lives of his men on missions because he truly believed that, if the mission succeeded, the benefit to all of mankind would ultimately outweigh any losses incurred during an expedition.

      Now, we're seeing Erwin's veil of deception being lifted, and we're seeing him for what he truly is: a selfish person who, while guilt-stricken over all of the deaths he has caused, is still willingly offering up the lives of others for his own benefit. We're seeing that he never truly believed in the Survey Corps' cause, and only wanted to use it as a means to prove his father's theories about the world. And even now, as he is staring down an army of (possibly intelligent) Titans, commanded by the most dangerous and powerful Titan Shifter ever encountered, he is more concerned with Eren's basement than Eren himself (who is basically humanity's only hope at this point).

      This was a very intriguing revelation, and it has caused me to start to reassess my opinion of Erwin, now that I know what his true motives were all along. It also went a long way in setting up the rest of Erwin's story arc, and does a good job of setting up suspense for the next chapter (or chapters, since Isayama likes to drag thing out): Will Erwin's guilty conscious convince him to stay by his soldiers and fight to the bitter end, or will he continue down the lonely path he has taken up until now, and abandon his comrades to be killed?

        Loading editor
    • Neetaku wrote:
      Will Erwin's guilty conscious convince him to stay by his soldiers and fight to the bitter end, or will he continue down the lonely path he has taken up until now, and abandon his comrades to be killed?

      Easy answer.

      1 - Will he abandon his comrades? No chance. He is the mastermind behind the truly elegant strategy that brought the Survey Corp so far. 

      2 - Of course, the Survey Corp is facing a tremendous challenge, but also they also are having new and incredible victories, like closing a gap in a wall, like being capable to fight off and win over a armored titan for the first time ever, etc...  

      So, nope, he will stay alive and kicking as much as he can... ( And remember he is the guy who gave his arm to free Eren). 

      3 - BUT Killing the armored titan is just not enough yet to win !!! And he knows it.

      So yes, the situation is really critical right now.

      4 - You also have to remember the fact, that the survey corp is almost at his end, with almost all the veterans gone. The latest one are young ones. And if Levi fails on the front line, then there is no longer a front line.

      After levi falls, the only thing he can still do is to check the secret in the basement before he get caught himself.

      5 - So, in the end, he is only a realist who does not see much hope left against such a powerful ennemi, as the leader of the titan shifters leading the pack.

      In other words, Erwin is well aware on how fragile their position is and how deadly the situation really is right NOW for Levi and himself.

      6 - Therefore, I understand his view, as : Myself, Erwin, i will have pushed as far as i could, no matter the price, and laying my life on the line for that was worth it (even if i regret the fact that so many great people had to die for it).

      In other words, that's more than what he had expected anyway. And he is ok with dying now if there is nothing more that can be done, after playing all his cards.

      7 - The understatment being this : I, Erwin, I'm Ok with dying, BUT only if I can pick a last eye on the secrets about titans shifters hidden in the closet.

      In other words, that's the selfsh motivation he found to push forward even a little further.

      8 - That is, truly, Erwin's motivation: learning just at bit more about that huge hidden secret, that was hidden for over a century and that killed so many people, including his father and his friends. Learning it for himself. And he can live on with that motivation, despite the fact that Levi is facing such a tremendous number of titan, almost all by himself. 


      Well, at least, that's my interpretation of this chapter. 

        Loading editor
    • Phil1403 wrote:
      Neetaku wrote:
      Will Erwin's guilty conscious convince him to stay by his soldiers and fight to the bitter end, or will he continue down the lonely path he has taken up until now, and abandon his comrades to be killed?
      Easy answer.

      1 - Will he abandon his comrades? No chance. He is the mastermind behind the truly elegant strategy that brought the Survey Corp so far. 

      2 - Of course, the Survey Corp is facing a tremendous challenge, but also they also are having new and incredible victories, like closing a gap in a wall, like being capable to fight off and win over a armored titan for the first time ever, etc...  

      So, nope, he will stay alive and kicking as much as he can... ( And remember he is the guy who gave his arm to free Eren). 

      3 - BUT Killing the armored titan is just not enough yet to win !!! And he knows it.

      So yes, the situation is really critical right now.

      4 - You also have to remember the fact, that the survey corp is almost at his end, with almost all the veterans gone. The latest one are young ones. And if Levi fails on the front line, then there is no longer a front line.

      After levi falls, the only thing he can still do is to check the secret in the basement before he get caught himself.

      5 - So, in the end, he is only a realist who does not see much hope left against such a powerful ennemi, as the leader of the titan shifters leading the pack.

      In other words, Erwin is well aware on how fragile their position is and how deadly the situation really is right NOW for Levi and himself.

      6 - Therefore, I understand his view, as : Myself, Erwin, i will have pushed as far as i could, no matter the price, and laying my life on the line for that was worth it (even if i regret the fact that so many great people had to die for it).

      In other words, that's more than what he had expected anyway. And he is ok with dying now if there is nothing more that can be done, after playing all his cards.

      7 - The understatment being this : I, Erwin, I'm Ok with dying, BUT only if I can pick a last eye on the secrets about titans shifters hidden in the closet.

      In other words, that's the selfsh motivation he found to push forward even a little further.

      8 - That is, truly, Erwin's motivation: learning just at bit more about that huge hidden secret, that was hidden for over a century and that killed so many people, including his father and his friends. Learning it for himself. And he can live on with that motivation, despite the fact that Levi is facing such a tremendous number of titan, almost all by himself. 


      Well, at least, that's my interpretation of this chapter. 

      I feel like that's exactly why he might abandon his comrades: he's come this far, and let so many people die to learn the secrets of the world he lives in, that there is no way he'd risk staying to fight a losing battle over reaching Eren's basement (let's face it, the Corps may (MAY!!) have killed Reiner (they've CERTAINLY taken him out of the battle), but that doesn't change the fact that the Beast Titan has the Survey Corps backed against a wall (quite literally), and has probably prepared back-up plans in case Reiner and/or Bertolt fall in battle).

      So what it all boils down to is whether or not Erwin's guilty conscious will result in him standing alongside his comrades and possibly dying while facing whatever the Beast Titan throws at them, without ever finding out what secrets lie in Eren's basement, or he decides to leave them to fend for themselves in order to insure that he at least learns what Eren's basement hides (remember, he doesn't care if he dies so long as he at least learns the secrets of the world before he dies, so he is much more likely to take the choice that guarantees he discover them before his death over the choice that poses the risk of him dying before discovering them).

        Loading editor
    • If I can just briefly express some "sympathy for the devil"...

      It's not that Erwin doesn't care about other people and he doesn't care about saving and bettering the lives of the world within the wall, it's just he doesn't share a worldview. 

      This is because he knows most people around him are living an illusory existence. He knew it from an early age because the theories of his father hit so close to a nerve that the royal government was willing to kill him for it. He doesn't have proof yet and he doesn't know the existence but he knows that most human beings are living a lie. 

      And what I believe is happening with Erwin... if he knows that most people are living an illusion, it's not to say he doesn't care at all about them, Erwin I believe is a very complex man with conflicting motives, it's just he can't bring himself to ever invest in the world as it's presented to him the way other people can and do. And so, when given the choice, he does see himself capable of making immense sacrifices in pursuing his curiosity (which, in his defense, I would argue harmonizes with the interests of most human beings alive. For instance, if Erwin had somehow become king, then he would not have thrown nearly all of the Wall Maria people out to the titans because it wouldn't have served his goal of curiosity about the true nature of the world.) because quite frankly he sees the world not necessarily as it exists to serve only his interests, he's not a sociopath by a longshot, but rather possessing an inescapably arbitrary facade.

      Also, I think he just has an overblown case of survivor's guilt. I mean, the surveyors are not conscripts, they are mostly people dedicated to knowing the world beyond the walls and eventually conquering the world beyond the walls. I feel Erwin is too hard on himself and feels guilty merely because he's alive when so many like him who share his goals, if not his degree of existential awareness, have died and have died at his orders. If I could talk to him I would tell him that he owes the fallen the successful acquisition of the objectives of finding out the truth about the world and eventually using that truth to make the world safe for humans again, which is what nearly everyone who has been killed in action in the survey corps would have wanted. At the end of the day, if he can clear that hurdle, then he's as alright as he can be given his circumstances. 

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      1 -  most people around him are living an illusory existence. He knew it from an early age because the theories of his father hit so close to a nerve that the royal government was willing to kill him for it.  

      2 Also, I think he just has an overblown case of survivor's guilt. 

      I agree on both point.


      Tausendberg wrote:

      3 -  He doesn't have proof yet (...) that most human beings are living a lie.

      I disagree on this one.

      I has proof, since Eren became an Titan shifter and an ally. The more he digged into it, the better he got an understanding... and the more he is "dying" to get the truth out. Or at least get him for himself. In a sense, he is addicted to it... especially now, where he sacrified so much for it.

        Loading editor
    • You know what, you're right, Eren Yeager, the young man who can turn into a titan at will, is proof that the world is not what it seems.

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      You know what, you're right, Eren Yeager, the young man who can turn into a titan at will, is proof that the world is not what it seems.

      Yep... 

      At the moment, it's not only about "humans" being capable to better defend themselves... it is also about humans being able to break up the chains of the curse; i mean, if they survives this titan leader attack.

      So yes, to me it really makes senses that Erwin push himself forward, even a little bit more. 

      Here, i believe that on the front, they are just putting up a good show against the mindless titans, to make up for some time.

      The real battle, in fact, is at the back (where Erwin sent his best troops/strongest assets), by fighting and winning over both titan shifters...

      In other words, I believe Erwin is aiming at killing both titans, without the titan shifter leader being capatable to see how they did...

      So yes, in the end, the troops down there might just be a luring game, to keep the titan leader busy, where the real stuff is going to happen behind the wall.

      Last but not least, I wonder if Eren will have to eat the armored titan flesh ?

      Even if he doesn't know it, he may be ordered to eat Rainer's flesh. In fact, i believe he will be.

      Why ? Because the Armor is a strong asset for a titan shifter to survive the attack of numerous mindless titans, as Reiner proved it.

      With no titan shifters inside, the new weapon and Eren with a new armored titan power, raise the odd to win the game. Also, within the wall, they should be in a better position to defend themselves. 

        Loading editor
    • Am I the only one seriously hoping that Reiner isn't dead. I'm hoping that somehow he will survive the explosions. 

        Loading editor
    • I'm hoping that absolutely doesn't happen. Unless Isayama can really work some narrative magic, if Reiner is portrayed as surviving multiple detonations happening mere inches away from his head, then that will very much harm my suspension of disbelief. 

      As a reader, if Reiner is portrayed as surviving, I will be asking myself, "ok, if Reiner is able to magically survive multiple explosions mere inches away from his head, explosions that are portrayed as big enough and powerful enough to blow apart armor and in the last panel blow the eyes out from the inside, then when the hell am I supposed to take a threat to Reiner's life seriously?"

        Loading editor
    • Phil1403 wrote:
      Last but not least, I wonder if Eren will have to eat the armored titan flesh ?

      Even if he doesn't know it, he may be ordered to eat Rainer's flesh. In fact, i believe he will be.

      Why ? Because the Armor is a strong asset for a titan shifter to survive the attack of numerous mindless titans, as Reiner proved it.

      With no titan shifters inside, the new weapon and Eren with a new armored titan power, raise the odd to win the game. Also, within the wall, they should be in a better position to defend themselves.

      I'm pretty sure he won't be ordered to do that, nor will it be necessary. He already has the hardening ability, and he already mentioned that he's intentionally focusing it onto the front of his fists to make his punches stronger. The general, but unverified, belief is that the bottle that Eren drank, is somehow related to Reiner. Regardless, if it's just a matter of focusing where he wants the hardened skin to go, then it only makes since that he could focus hard enough to make his own armored body without digesting Reiner's spinal fluid.

      Also, it sounded like the Thunder Spears were made specifically for killing the Armored Titan. Given they are equally dangerous to the user, and Bertolt can release such an intense amount of steam, I don't think they would be helpful in defeating Bertolt. Unless they used them to stab him in the eyes, then there's the possibility he would just keep releasing steam until he got his vision back, or he would go on a chaotic rampage because they're stuck in his eyes. o_o

      99.238.183.38 wrote: Am I the only one seriously hoping that Reiner isn't dead. I'm hoping that somehow he will survive the explosions. 

      I am strongly hoping he's dead. Just curious, why do you want him to survive?

        Loading editor
    • Considering they planned ahead on killing the armored titan, I think they also have a plan for the colossal.

        Loading editor
    • ^ Didn't really seem like it. Armin was the only one that brought up the Colossal. 

        Loading editor
    • In this chapter it sort of did, or it at least sounded like Hange was still thinking about it, but in previous chapters it seemed more like they considered Reiner to be the bigger threat. Probably because he's the fastest of the two.

        Loading editor
    • Reiner should be dead.

      But yes, seriously, i believe it's in the Survey Corp best interest that Eren transform in a armored titan, even if the process of eating human flesh is ugly and pathologic.

      Sorry

      And by the way, Eren already ate his own father, if i remember correctly.

      The armor process, would probably make Eren strong enough to, at least,  resist an attack from the Titan leader or from a group of mindless titans.

      This is not a small opportunity to steal such a power from the titans shifters.

        Loading editor
    • I'm saying the powers, both Eren's and Reiner's, are believed to be the exact same power. It's just Reiner has more control over it, and Eren is specifically using his on his hands; since he's better at hand to hand combat. I don't think eating Reiner would do anything besides waste a good Titan Shifter for someone else to eat.

        Loading editor
    • Remember, all of the magic titan juice resides in the spinal fluid...

      Considering the explosions of the thunder spears were happening mere inches away from Reiner's head, it's entirely possible that Reiner's whole entire spinal column may be obliterated and therefore the spinal fluid gone.

        Loading editor
    • Correct.

      @ Tausendberg

      1 - Reiner may die without leaving a chance to steal his power.

      @Eternal locket

      2 - I don't know if this is only a question of power mastery. There seem to be a huge gap between hardening your fingers and a full body armor. 

        Loading editor
    • Eren specifically says he's hardening only the fronts of his fists. On top of that, after acquiring the hardening ability, his entire body could harden and form walls and stuff. But I guess only time will tell, now to wait another month. :/

        Loading editor
    • yeah, Reiner is not dead. he has too many stories and development unresloved to die so abruptly 

      we still don't know his real motiviation, the conclusion of his identidy crisis his thoughts about fighting is friends etc.

      so what happened to him? when he said 'wait' he was talking to HIMLSEF. he was waiting for the right moment to crystalize himlself like annie did.

      so he is defiently alive, and inside the crystal.

        Loading editor
    • Correct 1 - the crystal thing is in my eyes the last option to save the guy... but really, the time span to response seems really too short. But, if he is inside a crystal, then he is at least OUT of the game.

      My bet is that Reiner will die, with half of him stuck into the crystal.

      And then normaly, there should be only one or two more titan shifters left within the City.

      2 - I wonder if the other titan shifter will attack or if he/she will flee, after having seen what happened to Reiner.

      I bet Bertolt will attack and Ymir will flee to report what happened.

      3 - Also, for that mission/battle to have a chance to turn into a success, Erwin will have to reassign the Survey Corp priorities.

      It should become

      a - to win over the titans shifters within the city...

      b - the surviving troops should flee with the horses inside the walls through the new gap that was made. And Eren closing it again.

      c - During that time, the rest of the team should explore Eren's father place.

      That's in my eyes, should be the best strategy very short term

      That's a worthy goal.

      Because, Eren alone, with his mindless titan control capacity, is their strongest potential for future counter attacks. Same goes for his dad data.

      4 - Saving the City or the third circle territory from the titan can and should NOT be a military  goal right now. In fact, the titan shifter leader, with his power, hold the power to prevent this, where the survey corps is in NO position to defend their ground outside. Even with Levi, Eren, the new weapon and a strong corp, which they are not.

      5 - After having won over the titans inside (victory 1 and 2), secure the horse and the remaining troops inside (victory 3), having collected the precious data (victory 4), the next stage should be to avoid any more confrontation at all cost the titan leader and his mindless troops and escape as soon as possible.

      This should be possible with Eren and the horse... without the horse, they should be too slow, and without Eren, it's meaningless too.

      That's where the tricky part is, Erwin and Levi have to save enoug horses and have the capacity to hold back the titans long enough to get victories 1 to 4.

      6 Next stage

      After that, they have to keep their new won City close long enough to flee from another side. The 2 other options are not realistic. Neither keeping the city safe from the titan leader nor dealing a bargain with him... 

      So best option to me, is trying escaping with the horse from the other side ofthe City, after making it through another hole in the wall/door some where else. The horse and obstacle of the city wall making it possible to outrun the titan leader, if they are fast and well coordinated enough.

        Loading editor
    • I'm sorry i don't think Ymir is among the male shifters probably sneak within the walls to steal Historia.  When the beast titan defeated Reiner it was only Bertholdt with him. Now while the Survey Corps are in Wall Maria it could be the perfect time to take her away. And remember the 3 iron mugs with the black liquid in it, i say Ymir is an independent character she has nothing to do with Bert and Reiner probably she walked her way since chapter 50. 

        Loading editor
    • there's a chance that that quadpedal titan with the barrels from previous episode IS ymir. the beast titan probebly captured her and turned her titan form into this. because of her unrealiability and to punich her for eating marcel

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I'm gonna be upset if Reiner becomes another Annie...

      Reiner would die with unresolved issues? That's what it means to die unnaturally...

        Loading editor
    • 1 - I have no idea if Ymir will be here or not... it's just a possibility. 

      2 - to me Reiner is better dead, than in a crystal box. the crystal box does only make sense, if there is something to learn about it... and the circumstances do not feel right for that. And it's to early also for Annie to make her come back. So yeah, it's sad, but story wise, i do NOT care. 

      3 - at the moment, the issue is survival of the fittest against a powerful group of titan attackers.

      And it means

      - taking out at least 1 more titan shifter inside the wall. 

      Once that is done, there is the horse and solider issue who are outside and getting their hand on Eren's data + closing the wall again. That's a lot to achieve, while soldiers are being butched and eaten alive outside of the wall !!!

      4 - The game here is all about saving a few of their own people by acting fast and decisvely. So what is Reiner in the balance ? When he is with the ennemies, attacking them ? And NOT showing any sign of wanting to cooperate ?

      They do NOT have the choice. Everyone life is at stake. And Reiner already made is own choice.

      5 - Anyway, without those 3 or 4 consecutive victories, there is almost NO chance of survival, except may be for Eren and 1 or 2 people.

      And that's the explanation of Erwin's way of thinking, in my opinion. 

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      Honestly, I think he just feels like a guilty manipulator because he assigns too much blame to himself. I mean, he blames himself for his father's death, when obviously it's the first interior's fault.

      Even though the First Interior's was the one pulling the strings but it was nonetheless, Erwin was still the one who talked about his fahter's theories out loud for the MP's to hear.  So in a nutshell, it was Erwin's fault.

        Loading editor
    • I disagree, the way I see it that's blaming the victim. It's becoming more and more clear to me that The World Within The Walls, the people are trapped there. I put all responsibility on the 'jailers' because they have the power in this dynamic.

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      I disagree, the way I see it that's blaming the victim. It's becoming more and more clear to me that The World Within The Walls, the people are trapped there. I put all responsibility on the 'jailers' because they have the power in this dynamic.

      Yeah but there's so much we don't know such as the people outside the walls and the whole reasons of why, tthere's still too much about that needs to be explained.  

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      Remember, all of the magic titan juice resides in the spinal fluid...

      Considering the explosions of the thunder spears were happening mere inches away from Reiner's head, it's entirely possible that Reiner's whole entire spinal column may be obliterated and therefore the spinal fluid gone.

      I wouldn't say the "entire spinal column"  I would say more like the entire brain that got destroyed.  

      Although i always wondered if a Titan Shifter was to be shot in the head where the brain is, would the shifter be dead for good, or would he regrow his brain and still transform?  

        Loading editor
    • At this point, we're gonna find out in a handful of days. Isayama better not flashback or some bullshit to put off confirming if Reiner is dead or not.

        Loading editor
    • And back to Erwin, the most I can say is, given by his height he's not even near puberty when his father is murdered, maybe Erwin's father is responsible for not really impressing upon Erwin just how sensitive that information is.

      All things considered, under no way do I think Erwin should feel guilty for what happened.

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      At this point, we're gonna find out in a handful of days. Isayama better not flashback or some bullshit to put off confirming if Reiner is dead or not.

      While I am anxious to have another Attack on Titan chapter which would be this month or probably the next month.  Although I can totally see that happening as I can see a flashback of Reiner and Betoldt.

        Loading editor
    • If Reiner is about to bite the big one, then I am fine with a flashback chapter, I just don't want the flashback to be an excuse to not make it completely clear to the audience whether Reiner is alive or not. Also, off the top of my head I can't remember, I haven't read all the manga but mainly just the manga that comes after where the Anime ends... are there any flashbacks that last longer than a chapter?

        Loading editor
    • Tdfern14 wrote:
       i always wondered if a Titan Shifter was to be shot in the head where the brain is, would the shifter be dead for good, or would he regrow his brain and still transform?  

      Well, i believe the answer is yes.

      Why is that ? You may regenerate the tissue, you won't regenerate the data that was destroyed, while hurting the brain... and even more if the weapon get stuck into the brain. 

      Plus, how do you think the humans kill the titans shifter, if not by cutting the body in half (with a cut which goes beyond regeneration ability); so it will work even better if you cut the brain... ;-)

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      whether Reiner is alive or not...

      should be obvious... regarding the fact that the explosion is taking place near is head.

      so, either he crystalize (but i doubt he will have the time) or he dies. 

      both case, he has lost.

        Loading editor
    • 99.238.183.38 wrote:
      Am I the only one seriously hoping that Reiner isn't dead. I'm hoping that somehow he will survive the explosions. 


      nope i do hope he survives i like reiner although was very disappointing character, entirely understandable, he was bigger, more experienced than Eren and still he was a soldier in his heart, admiring Erwin, realizing Armin found him

      and about Bert, it's been interesting how Isayama put him as an unnoticeable character though he may fight better than any shifter we have seen, he can use only half titan form so he doesn't really get exhausted, and he can escape quickly as a human due the big steam clouds (?) so he's kinda a stunt bomb also, easier to kidnaps/kill people in the meantime... i can continue by just thinking how annoying it can be if Bert turns out to be the Mikasa of the titan shifter trio, truth is that he's the colossal and it seems he can't do that much to the corps. problem is, that there's no right moment to do so, or simply when it happens could be too late when Hanji/Erwin and Bert can negotiate about information in trade for Annie and humanity's chances to live... i hope there's more like an exchange of information, or simple negotiation instead of the typical desperate fight

      let's think about the corps a bit, they ve allied with a reiss, as dangerous as potentially she is chose to help and of course there's a very little posibility that she wants to become that god titan, Berth is a very different case, the corps perhaps can use him for a moment, for that battle only. of course is madness but wouldn't it be amazingly surprising to ally biggest humanity's enemy? 

      perhaps when he notices about Reiner's death he drops the homeland/titan side.  I truly think Bert chances to offer more than a simple attack that kills most of the soldiers in the next numbers he could also turn the table against the beast titan but idk the armored's death disappointed me a lot, i still expect too much from the colossal's participation hah

      and i take my words back, i don't think Ymir could take Historia away from the walls, it's like when she saw Eren's coordinate she realized humanity still have a chance to survive. but idk... maybe ymir has been hiding among the humans 

      and i have this idea that whatever he decides to do, remain a Commander or just getting his way into the basement...  Erwin won't die, he will end turning into a titan because it's more likely to beast titan plan is turning everyone into a titan, even the people living in the walls. it's just that after this battle the history can't take place within the wall anymore, there's a chance to know what the homeland is, what the hell happened to the rest of humanity, i don't think the titans rule the world, or they haven't found the cure to the biological weap that turns people into titans, and where in the planet is this story located? 

      Isayama has to take this story away from the walls after this battle.

        Loading editor
    • Arvjin wrote:
      99.238.183.38 wrote:
      Am I the only one seriously hoping that Reiner isn't dead. I'm hoping that somehow he will survive the explosions. 


      nope i do hope he survives i like reiner although was very disappointing character, entirely understandable, he was bigger, more experienced than Eren and still he was a soldier in his heart, admiring Erwin, realizing Armin found him

      and about Bert, it's been interesting how Isayama put him as an unnoticeable character though he may fight better than any shifter we have seen, he can use only half titan form so he doesn't really get exhausted, and he can escape quickly as a human due the big steam clouds (?) so he's kinda a stunt bomb also, easier to kidnaps/kill people in the meantime... i can continue by just thinking how annoying it can be if Bert turns out to be the Mikasa of the titan shifter trio, truth is that he's the colossal and it seems he can't do that much to the corps. problem is, that there's no right moment to do so, or simply when it happens could be too late when Hanji/Erwin and Bert can negotiate about information in trade for Annie and humanity's chances to live... i hope there's more like an exchange of information, or simple negotiation instead of the typical desperate fight

      let's think about the corps a bit, they ve allied with a reiss, as dangerous as potentially she is chose to help and of course there's a very little posibility that she wants to become that god titan, Berth is a very different case, the corps perhaps can use him for a moment, for that battle only. of course is madness but wouldn't it be amazingly surprising to ally biggest humanity's enemy? 

      perhaps when he notices about Reiner's death he drops the homeland/titan side.  I truly think Bert chances to offer more than a simple attack that kills most of the soldiers in the next numbers he could also turn the table against the beast titan but idk the armored's death disappointed me a lot, i still expect too much from the colossal's participation hah

      and i take my words back, i don't think Ymir could take Historia away from the walls, it's like when she saw Eren's coordinate she realized humanity still have a chance to survive. but idk... maybe ymir has been hiding among the humans 

      and i have this idea that whatever he decides to do, remain a Commander or just getting his way into the basement...  Erwin won't die, he will end turning into a titan because it's more likely to beast titan plan is turning everyone into a titan, even the people living in the walls. it's just that after this battle the history can't take place within the wall anymore, there's a chance to know what the homeland is, what the hell happened to the rest of humanity, i don't think the titans rule the world, or they haven't found the cure to the biological weap that turns people into titans, and where in the planet is this story located? 

      Isayama has to take this story away from the walls after this battle.

      Reiner well the chances are 50/50 at this point but anything can go at this point, because Attack on Titan holds no punches.

        Loading editor
    • Honey Pie
      Honey Pie removed this reply because:
      niggggaaaaa
      00:38, January 11, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Tdfern14 wrote:
      Arvjin wrote:
      99.238.183.38 wrote:
      Am I the only one seriously hoping that Reiner isn't dead. I'm hoping that somehow he will survive the explosions. 
      Reiner well the chances are 50/50 at this point but anything can go at this point, because Attack on Titan holds no punches.

      Way less, in my opinion.

      Check my comment on chapter 77; here :

      Let's assume, he was able to back up the content of his brain in the titan head or nervous system (which is possible, because he released the signal he was tasked to).

      Now, what's the actual situation ?

      1 - Human body 

      - human body is forcefully remove from the titan body (through the explosion),

      - human body is utterly damaged... (and i doubt he can easily regenerate a brain outside of the titan body, or at least, there was no sign so far that he can ) 

      2 - Titan body 

      - it suffered multiple explosion around the neck and in the head.

      - It has not moved

      - connection between both bodies are broken

      (fiber around the eyes of the human body within the titan are gone, the head of human body is gone and the neck of titan body is half cut through the explosion),

      So, we can assume, at least, that his human body is dying, if not already dead (no heart beat, no lung breathing, no vital function kept alive; since the brain and the central nervous system was destroyed).

      And that the titan body is severely damaged too (he probably already has lost most of his ability to move, because of the explosion in the neck).

      Also, it is realistic to consider that Reiner consciousness is caught inside the titan body... But might either be fading away, or at least not being really able to move the titan around or regenerate the human body that is torn apart and outside of the titan.

        Loading editor
    • Phil1403 wrote:
      Tdfern14 wrote:
      Arvjin wrote:
      99.238.183.38 wrote:
      Am I the only one seriously hoping that Reiner isn't dead. I'm hoping that somehow he will survive the explosions. 
      Reiner well the chances are 50/50 at this point but anything can go at this point, because Attack on Titan holds no punches.
      Way less, in my opinion.

      Check my comment on chapter 77; here :

      Let's assume, he was able to back up the content of his brain in the titan head or nervous system (which is possible, because he released the signal he was tasked to).

      Now, what's the actual situation ?

      1 - Human body 

      - human body is forcefully remove from the titan body (through the explosion),

      - human body is utterly damaged... (and i doubt he can easily regenerate a brain outside of the titan body, or at least, there was no sign so far that he can ) 

      2 - Titan body 

      - it suffered multiple explosion around the neck and in the head.

      - It has not moved

      - connection between both bodies are broken

      (fiber around the eyes of the human body within the titan are gone, the head of human body is gone and the neck of titan body is half cut through the explosion),

      So, we can assume, at least, that his human body is dying, if not already dead (no heart beat, no lung breathing, no vital function kept alive; since the brain and the central nervous system was destroyed).

      And that the titan body is severely damaged too (he probably already has lost most of his ability to move, because of the explosion in the neck).

      Also, it is realistic to consider that Reiner consciousness is caught inside the titan body... But might either be fading away, or at least not being really able to move the titan around or regenerate the human body that is torn apart and outside of the titan.

      OKay make sense.  Also, gotta ask, what do you think that Colossal Titan in the air?  You think he's gonna crash then transform or just transform mid-air?

        Loading editor
    • Armin seems to believe that the Colossal Titan is going to come crashing down fron the air.

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      Armin seems to believe that the Colossal Titan is going to come crashing down fron the air.

      But Transform Mid-air or just crash into the ground then transform? because to be honest, the former would be do tremendous damage and almost nobody would escape that and likely to killed in its destructive radius of the whole district.

        Loading editor
    • I suspect that's Bertolt's intention although I'm not sure cause I imagine he wouldn't want to risk Reiner. I'm not certain, I eagerly await the next chapter because I can't really figure out what's next.

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      I suspect that's Bertolt's intention although I'm not sure cause I imagine he wouldn't want to risk Reiner. I'm not certain, I eagerly await the next chapter because I can't really figure out what's next.

      You and me both pal, like I said this can go either way and anything can happen in Attack On Titan.

        Loading editor
    • Tdfern14 wrote:
      Tausendberg wrote:
      I suspect that's Bertolt's intention although I'm not sure cause I imagine he wouldn't want to risk Reiner. I'm not certain, I eagerly await the next chapter because I can't really figure out what's next.
      You and me both pal, like I said this can go either way and anything can happen in Attack On Titan.

      Considering we learn the rules of Isayama's world pretty much as we go, this does make the series hard to predict. Like, I really did believe Reiner was done for when those spears exploded near his head. But apparently somehow the armored titan let off a roar which defied all my expectations. And apparently now the Colossal Titan's going to be air dropped... I mean, at this point the only thing I'm not expecting is that one of the titan shifters will sprout wings and fly.

        Loading editor
    • Tausendberg wrote:
      I mean, at this point the only thing I'm not expecting is that one of the titan shifters will sprout wings and fly.

      From your mouth to Isayama's ears...

        Loading editor
    • Neetaku wrote:
      Tausendberg wrote:
      I mean, at this point the only thing I'm not expecting is that one of the titan shifters will sprout wings and fly.
      From your mouth to Isayama's ears...

      That if Isayama ever find and read this thread on this wiki he would. xD

        Loading editor
    • Tdfern14 wrote:
      Tausendberg wrote:
      I suspect that's Bertolt's intention although I'm not sure cause I imagine he wouldn't want to risk Reiner. I'm not certain, I eagerly await the next chapter because I can't really figure out what's next.
      You and me both pal, like I said this can go either way and anything can happen in Attack On Titan.

      This plan was NOT designed to harm Reiner. On the contrary...

      The point was that Reiner was an armored titan where Eren's titan is not. Also Reiner was knowing what was coming so he could protect himself even more through special armor for example, where Eren would have been taken by surprise.

      Remember they want to take Eren alive, despise his titan control power. Or at least, not take the risk of loosing his control power, which is the key to many things.

      Also, this attack is designed to take out all military force left behind the wall and around Reiner, which is of tactical value for the titan's shifters side. 

      And in case something would happen to Reiner, because of Eren, that would be a second chance to take Eren away, suppress the military force and even help Reiner.

        Loading editor
    • Phil1403 wrote:
      Tdfern14 wrote:
      Tausendberg wrote:
      I suspect that's Bertolt's intention although I'm not sure cause I imagine he wouldn't want to risk Reiner. I'm not certain, I eagerly await the next chapter because I can't really figure out what's next.
      You and me both pal, like I said this can go either way and anything can happen in Attack On Titan.
      This plan was NOT designed to harm Reiner. On the contrary...

      The point was that Reiner was an armored titan where Eren's titan is not. Also Reiner was knowing what was coming so he could protect himself even more through special armor for example, where Eren would have been taken by surprise.

      Remember they want to take Eren alive, despise his titan control power. Or at least, not take the risk of loosing his control power, which is the key to many things.

      Also, this attack is designed to take out all military force left behind the wall and around Reiner, which is of tactical value for the titan's shifters side. 

      And in case something would happen to Reiner, because of Eren, that would be a second chance to take Eren away, suppress the military force and even help Reiner.

      Yeah but Reiner is dead since his head was blown off and now all there is left is Hange and Levi Squads and Eren in his Titan form. This Colossal Air Drop will cause all or most members in the Squads incapacitated/dead and perhaps wounded Eren to some extent but alive enough to be taken by the Beast Titan

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.