FANDOM


  • TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」Season 3 PV

    TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」Season 3 PV

    Subtitled version: https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/989797378688405505

    Release date confirmed to be July 23rd.

    New key visual:

    Attack on Titan Season 3 Key Visual 3

    A reliable source (not confirmed) states that the season will have 24 episodes: https://twitter.com/yonkouprod/status/989799119047700480

      Loading editor
    • KENNNNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

        Loading editor
    • 00:49 I don't like only this scene it looks cringe and comical.

        Loading editor
    • Flexi13 wrote:
      00:49 I don't like only this scene it looks cringe and comical.

      It proves that Mikasa's kicks are more powerful than Annie's, lol.

        Loading editor
    • Flexi13 wrote:
      00:49 I don't like only this scene it looks cringe and comical.

      It is a little cartoonish, especially when they've got a sound effect for the twirling. 

      But we probably won't even care about our nitpicks compared to the awesomeness in store for us. Isayama did say that he hoped the anime would fix his own problems with the arc. 

        Loading editor
    • My favourite arc (so far) finally adapted. Can't wait.

        Loading editor
    • I  heard that it will be changed to some extent by Isayama himself.

        Loading editor
    • so long, 12 episodes theory

        Loading editor
    • So what chapters will this cover? This is mostly about SPOILER: Historia and the coup, right? I can't see it ending at a point much further beyond that until the next season.

        Loading editor
    • In the manga, Mikasa didn't really ever do such a spinning kick. The anime, in fact, has made her much stronger than Isayama has depicted her, both in skill and physical attributes. It's really just the anime that has depicted her as having near superhuman strength and martial arts-level of hand-to-hand combat skill. In the manga, though showing great focus and instincts, it's clear her fighting techniques are pretty much basic, and quite similar to your standard wrestling moves.  

        Loading editor
    • From a previous poster and teaser trailer, this season will also cover SPOILER: the Battle of Shiganshina arc. They'll finally get to the ocean.

        Loading editor
    • You gotta be kidding. 

        Loading editor
    • SPOILER: You're telling me this slow-paced anime is looking to get to Shiganshina before these next 24 episodes close out when it's starting with the drama surrounding Kenny and the Reiss family?

      And what are we honestly getting excited over? Watching everyone get offed in anime form? You people cannot be serious, this fandom cannot be serious, Hajime Isayama is a cruel loon, why are we so eager to see the cast dwindle down further in both the manga and the anime?

      You all need to doublecheck what your'e getting so amped up about outside of the pretty animation because everything this is built on is asinine.

        Loading editor
    • No sane person likes to see people getting killed, but these are fictional characters, not real life. Still, Hajime takes a profoundly realistic approach to his manga, and in real life, people die in war and combat en masse. It's just how it is. Not all of us like to see overtly-idealistic or soap drama-style anime, but gritty realism that says something true about us as humans, both the good and bad sides, and not just the things we'd like to believe. Those who deny the latter are just afraid to face and admit the darker aspects and soul-crushing hardships of life and humanity.  

        Loading editor
    • Oh please, we all see that ugliness every day, on our screens if we're not ourselves suffering it first. So let's dispense with that nonsense, this is one hell of a stressful anime and manga to be investing so much in, and it's not even that brilliant a series when you finally get over that stylish animation and the characters to acknowledge its MANY shortcomings. So who cares about the man's angle? The man's not a genius at what he does. Creative, but not brilliant. They don't necessarily go hand in hand. You guys know what happens in the manga, and so do I, doublecheck your excitement. 

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote:
      Oh please, we all see that ugliness every day, on our screens if we're not ourselves suffering it first. So let's dispense with that nonsense, this is one hell of a stressful anime and manga to be investing so much in, and it's not even that brilliant a series when you finally get over that stylish animation and the characters to acknowledge its MANY shortcomings. So who cares about the man's angle? The man's not a genius at what he does. Creative, but not brilliant. They don't necessarily go hand in hand. You guys know what happens in the manga, and so do I, doublecheck your excitement. 

      Wait who is not a genius?

        Loading editor
    • Dude, don't deflect, please. 

        Loading editor
    • The 7/22 start date is extremely odd, but when I look at the previous episode to volume ratio I see this:

      • Season 1 - 25 episodes/8 volumes (~3 episodes/volume)
      • Season 2 - 12 episodes/4 volumes (3 episodes/volume)

      If Season 3 is 24 episodes and covers up to Volume 22 we end up with this:

      • Season 3 - 24 episodes/10 volumes (~2.5 episodes/volume)

      This would make Season 3 highly compressed as each episode has to cover more chapters. While a three cour season would drag (and have no good breaking point), maybe we're getting something like a two plus?

      By starting three weeks late and running two cours after summer, we could end up with something like 31 episodes for Season 3

      • Season 3 - 33 episodes/10 volumes (~3.3 episodes/volume)

      And it more closely matches which the adaptation ratio of previous seasons.

      Doing this would be extremely unusual, so there's no proof that this is actually what they had in mind. But that kind of a late start is probably happening for a reason. They're not going to premiere with the rest of the summer season and I imagine that comes with a visibility hit when it comes to news coverage. (Obviously not here, but in regards to the more general anime fanbase.)

        Loading editor
    • The not-so-brilliant Isayama says he hopes Season 3 will make up for what regrets he had for the arcs that will be covering, whatever the hell that means. 

      SPOILER: Maybe in Season 4 this guy should change how he chose to handle Ymir's. I'd give this overrated anime credit for going out of its way to amend that letdown.

        Loading editor
    • I hope he said truth with not being happy about the next arc and not only to 'justify' changes in anime or something.

        Loading editor
    • In my personal opinion, the Uprising Arc is both the most interesting, multifaceted arc, and yet, the most disappointing in a way too. The battles are great and the dialogue and interaction between characters is off the hook. The anime-onlys have a lot to look forward to.

        Loading editor
    • I had to edit multiple comments that contained manga spoilers. Remember that we're in the Anime board and the conversation should be safe for anime-onlys. If you want to discuss manga information, please wrap your comments within these tags:

      {{Spoiler|Text here}}

      Or move the conversation to some other thread on the Manga board.

        Loading editor
    • Manuel de la Fuente wrote:
      I had to edit multiple comments that contained manga spoilers. Remember that we're in the Anime board and the conversation should be safe for anime-onlys. If you want to discuss manga information, please wrap your comments within these tags:

      {{Spoiler|Text here}}

      Or move the conversation to some other thread on the Manga board.

      Thank you. I'll be more careful in the future, though I don't think I revealed too much of anything, if I revealed anything at all - in my latest comment at least. My opinion on Eren, for example, while I did allude that SPOILER: Eren wouldn't be seeing much action, little else was revealed that wasn't already known. The first paragraph also revealed Kenny's name only; the mention of upcoming battles and dialogue revealed no details that anime-onlys could gleam anything from, but only that they are, in my personal opinion, great and interesting. 

        Loading editor
    • Okay, come on now. Anyone who's been on this wiki who's read the manga knows what happens in the anime and vice versa. It made no sense to divide the two a year ago and it still doesn't for that very reason, the two deviate VERY little from each other. 

      I meant what I said, the man screwed up big time on she who apparently I'm not allowed to name. 

        Loading editor
    • Well that took so long, i almost died.

        Loading editor
    • AhmedHadi1 wrote:
      Flexi13 wrote:
      00:49 I don't like only this scene it looks cringe and comical.
      It proves that Mikasa's kicks are more powerful than Annie's, lol.

      The Sexy Badass has reached her full potential

        Loading editor
    • I'm so hyped!!!! I love the part where Levi screams!!! Gunfire is the best

        Loading editor
    • Guys give it a rest. It's just a cartoon. A badly-written one at that. 

        Loading editor
    • Manuel de la Fuente wrote:
      I had to edit multiple comments that contained manga spoilers. Remember that we're in the Anime board and the conversation should be safe for anime-onlys. If you want to discuss manga information, please wrap your comments within these tags:

      {{Spoiler|Text here}}

      Or move the conversation to some other thread on the Manga board.

      You only succeed at making this the most redundant wiki by doing that. Nothing more. 

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote:

      Guys give it a rest. It's just a cartoon. A badly-written one at that. 

      Fire Eater wrote:

      You only succeed at making this the most redundant wiki by doing that. Nothing more. 

      This is not the thread to discuss that, and stop telling people that they shouldn't like the series. If you don't like it then just don't follow it and let other people enjoy it.

        Loading editor
    • Manuel de la Fuente
      Manuel de la Fuente removed this reply because:
      Spoiers. Just restored temporarily to log it.
      03:15, April 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • McRiley
      McRiley removed this reply because:
      You're stupid
      09:15, April 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Fire Eater wrote: Guys give it a rest. It's just a cartoon. A badly-written one at that. 

      Dude, with all the hate you're giving to Isayama and AOT, I have to ask. Why do you even still hang around here? Why not go try out another fandom if you're burned out on this one?

      As for Season 3, I am MEGA hyped! Uprising is still one of my favorite arcs, and if we're getting both it and RTS in one season, I hope the story isn't compressed too much. AOT has been handled masterfully in both manga and anime so far, so I have faith.

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote:
      Okay, come on now. Anyone who's been on this wiki who's read the manga knows what happens in the anime and vice versa. It made no sense to divide the two a year ago and it still doesn't for that very reason, the two deviate VERY little from each other. 

      I meant what I said, the man screwed up big time on she who apparently I'm not allowed to name. 

      The anime and manga have differences (OVAs, exclusive events) That's why they were separated.

        Loading editor
    • CaptFredricks wrote:

      Fire Eater wrote: Guys give it a rest. It's just a cartoon. A badly-written one at that. 

      Dude, with all the hate you're giving to Isayama and AOT, I have to ask. Why do you even still hang around here? Why not go try out another fandom if you're burned out on this one?

      As for Season 3, I am MEGA hyped! Uprising is still one of my favorite arcs, and if we're getting both it and RTS in one season, I hope the story isn't compressed too much. AOT has been handled masterfully in both manga and anime so far, so I have faith.

      noice

        Loading editor
    • JinxTheFunhouse wrote:
      I'm so hyped!!!! I love the part where Levi screams!!! Gunfire is the best

      IKR

        Loading editor
    • Whats with the hate of Isayama?? Da Hell did all this come from?

        Loading editor
    • Bonkinhead wrote:
      Whats with the hate of Isayama?? Da Hell did all this come from?

      A user claimed AOT was a badly written

        Loading editor
    • McRiley wrote:
      Bonkinhead wrote:
      Whats with the hate of Isayama?? Da Hell did all this come from?
      A user claimed AOT was a badly written

      The user is an idiot then

        Loading editor
    • Shawntitan89 wrote:
      McRiley wrote:
      Bonkinhead wrote:
      Whats with the hate of Isayama?? Da Hell did all this come from?
      A user claimed AOT was a badly written
      The user is an idiot then

      They're just mad that (Spoilers from the Manga that is too hard to accept and i'm not risking getting blocked)

        Loading editor
    • IKR

        Loading editor
    • McRiley wrote:
      Shawntitan89 wrote:
      McRiley wrote:
      Bonkinhead wrote:
      Whats with the hate of Isayama?? Da Hell did all this come from?
      A user claimed AOT was a badly written
      The user is an idiot then
      They're just mad that (Spoilers from the Manga that is too hard to accept and i'm not risking getting blocked)

      First of all, thank you for that Shawn. 

      Second of all, you know that was written before anything of the latest chapter was leaked, so you misread the context of my words, McRiley. 

      Thirdly, I am absolutely within my rights to criticize Mr. Isayama. My issues with the man's approach are nothing new, and I can find tons of problems with how he's chosen to develop this, including long dry spells of actual Titan killing outside of the battles among the Shifters. I think he's making a lot of it up as he goes. 

      Finally, on a spoiler-free note, YES, I am mad. This was the one thing I wished hard that the man would not go through with until closer ot the end of the manga. I do not have to admire him for it, in fact I really couldn't care less about how his story plays out in the remaining chapters. Not after this, this was vile. 

      No spoilers, you just got my feelings on the matter and nothing else on the context of why. 

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote:
      McRiley wrote:
      Shawntitan89 wrote:
      McRiley wrote:
      Bonkinhead wrote:
      Whats with the hate of Isayama?? Da Hell did all this come from?
      A user claimed AOT was a badly written
      The user is an idiot then
      They're just mad that (Spoilers from the Manga that is too hard to accept and i'm not risking getting blocked)
      First of all, thank you for that Shawn. 

      Second of all, you know that was written before anything of the latest chapter was leaked, so you misread the context of my words, McRiley. 

      Thirdly, I am absolutely within my rights to criticize Mr. Isayama. My issues with the man's approach are nothing new, and I can find tons of problems with how he's chosen to develop this, including long dry spells of actual Titan killing outside of the battles among the Shifters. I think he's making a lot of it up as he goes. 

      Finally, on a spoiler-free note, YES, I am mad. This was the one thing I wished hard that the man would not go through with until closer ot the end of the manga. I do not have to admire him for it, in fact I really couldn't care less about how his story plays out in the remaining chapters. Not after this, this was vile. 

      No spoilers, you just got my feelings on the matter and nothing else on the context of why. 

      For your 3rd point your are within your rights to critisize Isayama but not on the anime board, i will contact the adims if i need too, so STFU.

        Loading editor
    • There where may I then? Tell me where I am free to do it. Isayama doesn't care about anyone who isn't Eren, Mikasa, Levi or Reiner. The evidence of that is mounting. If you know a place here where I may freely press my case, you tell me where that is instead, please. 

        Loading editor
    • How could this happen, why is this even happening? What the hell did Isayama have to gain from any of it? I am truly angry at the turn things are suddenly taking and without saying a damn thing, I think Isayama has just topped his last big misstep with something almost worse. 

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote:
      There where may I then? Tell me where I am free to do it. Isayama doesn't care about anyone who isn't Eren, Mikasa, Levi or Reiner. The evidence of that is mounting. If you know a place here where I may freely press my case, you tell me where that is instead, please. 

      Nowhere, for another two days. Don't talk about new chapters before they are officially released, and definitely don't talk about them in the anime forums.

        Loading editor
    • Neetaku wrote:
      Fire Eater wrote:
      There where may I then? Tell me where I am free to do it. Isayama doesn't care about anyone who isn't Eren, Mikasa, Levi or Reiner. The evidence of that is mounting. If you know a place here where I may freely press my case, you tell me where that is instead, please. 
      Nowhere, for another two days. Don't talk about new chapters before they are officially released, and definitely don't talk about them in the anime forums.

      Fine, I can't discuss spoilers, I can't discuss the manga on an anime board, fine. Where however may I feel free to critique the man in my spoiler-free way, is my question. I am perfectly happy to do it in private if no one can offer a clear option. Because believe me, there's a lot to be said about him once you actually get over the ridiculous hype that surrounds his little mess. 

        Loading editor
    • Because here's the rub: He had a great setup for a series, but he does not know how to execute. And what he takes credit for is something he's given credit for for all the wrong reasons. 

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote:
      Because here's the rub: He had a great setup for a series, but he does not know how to execute. And what he takes credit for is something he's given credit for for all the wrong reasons. 

      I hope you get FUCKIN blocked, one more complaint and i will at least talk to an admin

        Loading editor
    • Whoa, calm down. 

        Loading editor
    • Let's keep the conversation civil, everybody.

        Loading editor
    • Agreed. 

        Loading editor
    • Shawntitan89 wrote:
      Fire Eater wrote:
      Because here's the rub: He had a great setup for a series, but he does not know how to execute. And what he takes credit for is something he's given credit for for all the wrong reasons. 
      I hope you get FUCKIN blocked, one more complaint and i will at least talk to an admin

      Control yourself. Dont go out to life being this triggered by opinions 

        Loading editor
    • Biggest issue with Isayama is how he treats his characters. How he uses them. How so few named ones actually last more than ten minutes in manga or anime time. I look at these guys and I'm just mindblown at all the potential he's blowing because of how strictly he sticks to his guns on how freaking grim it is. It's really hard to take him seriously this far in now. And I feel like in the hands of another individual maybe his bold concept would be meatier. So I highly doubt Season 3 or beyond is in my future. The anime is visually impressive with great music but right off the boot in Season 1, I quickly discovered what I think is its worst weaknesses. 

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote: Biggest issue with Isayama is how he treats his characters. How he uses them. How so few named ones actually last more than ten minutes in manga or anime time.

      That's the issue with getting attached to characters in a story like this one. You should know by now that if you like them, they're most likely gonna bite the dust at some point.

        Loading editor
    • CaptFredricks wrote:

      Fire Eater wrote: Biggest issue with Isayama is how he treats his characters. How he uses them. How so few named ones actually last more than ten minutes in manga or anime time.

      That's the issue with getting attached to characters in a story like this one. You should know by now that if you like them, they're most likely gonna bite the dust at some point.

      And I am totally allowed to hate the man for that. He's not giving the "redshirts" or the "mains" anything close to the time they deserve. And if that's why we watch, just for that to happen before they really flesh out or shine, what a screwjob. And it just got worse, confidentially speaking. The man doesn't get what he's wasting. We get it, their world is a shitty place to be in. That needs no further emphasis at this stage. Especially not if he's still bent on a "Kill Em All" ending anyway. Save it for exactly that, the ENDING. Then things might balance out beforehand and we might see everyone flesh out before that final ticket is punched, but nope. That's not what he's doing. The whole deal is a brilliant example of why unconventional is not automatically a good thing. 

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote: The man doesn't get what he's wasting. We get it, their world is a shitty place to be in. That needs no further emphasis at this stage. Especially not if he's still bent on a "Kill Em All" ending anyway. Save it for exactly that, the ENDING. Then things might balance out beforehand and we might see everyone flesh out before that final ticket is punched, but nope. That's not what he's doing. The whole deal is a brilliant example of why unconventional is not automatically a good thing. 

      But what Isayama is doing is not unconventional at all. We already know he's a big fan of Game of Thrones, and George R.R. Martin is far worse than Isayama. If anything, Isayama pulls his punches. Think about how many of the 104th's Top 10 is still alive. Two seasons of the anime and we have everyone but Marco (though Annie is in a crystal).

      There's a subgenre of fantasy and science fiction called grimdark, and Isayama writes grimdark. If you don't like grimdark, that's fine, but that just means that Attack on Titan isn't going to be a series you'll enjoy. Isayama is not wasting potential. He's doing exactly what fans of grimdark like. Attack on Titan is not a bestselling manga for nothing.

        Loading editor
    • RuneLai wrote:

      Fire Eater wrote: The man doesn't get what he's wasting. We get it, their world is a shitty place to be in. That needs no further emphasis at this stage. Especially not if he's still bent on a "Kill Em All" ending anyway. Save it for exactly that, the ENDING. Then things might balance out beforehand and we might see everyone flesh out before that final ticket is punched, but nope. That's not what he's doing. The whole deal is a brilliant example of why unconventional is not automatically a good thing. 

      But what Isayama is doing is not unconventional at all. We already know he's a big fan of Game of Thrones, and George R.R. Martin is far worse than Isayama. If anything, Isayama pulls his punches. Think about how many of the 104th's Top 10 is still alive. Two seasons of the anime and we have everyone but Marco (though Annie is in a crystal).

      There's a subgenre of fantasy and science fiction called grimdark, and Isayama writes grimdark. If you don't like grimdark, that's fine, but that just means that Attack on Titan isn't going to be a series you'll enjoy. Isayama is not wasting potential. He's doing exactly what fans of grimdark like. Attack on Titan is not a bestselling manga for nothing.

      The anime ain't the manga, dude. But soon they are gonna be one and the same from start to finish with next to no deviation from each other. And the anime, come on. You're telling me the supporting cast is getting that much more acknowledgement than what they actually got in the manga? I'm not a fool, okay? I'm also not Isayama's fan, I see what is up. 

      Beyond sickening. Your words just fell hard on deaf ears, I'm sorry. Attack on Titan is FLAWED. No popular thing isn't, but I know what I'm talking about. I look at things from a critical standpoint, not to be a crowd pleaser. Get past the concept, animation and music.......The execution is too often appalling. And that's a direct fault of an often sloppy manga. 

        Loading editor
    • You can call it grimdark, you can call it dark fantasy, you can call it horror, who cares. It's not an excuse for his character treatments. Give them all to somebody else who will actually let them shine in a different work. Then maybe anyone who is not EMA, Reiner and Levi may actually be justified in having ever been conceptualized as more than just plot devices for his all too obvious later intent. 

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote:
      You can call it grimdark, you can call it dark fantasy, you can call it horror, who cares. It's not an excuse for his character treatments. Give them all to somebody else who will actually let them shine in a different work. Then maybe anyone who is not EMA, Reiner and Levi may actually be justified in having ever been conceptualized as more than just plot devices for his all too obvious later intent. 

      Okay then how Isayama should have done it then?

        Loading editor
    • The answer to that is very simple, DEVELOP these characters, give them ample screetime, don't introduce 90% of those actually given a name just to die within one or two episodes/chapters, whatever, which is the treatment he gives 99% of them, main or redshirt, and do more than just be a freaking death dealer. The worldbuilding didn't even become serious until so much later in the story, and I'm not referring to the anime, which is still stuck in the point in the story where all's a fog. So as such, merely a death dealer. A role he too eagerly pursues on both sides of the fence. Do we not watch these guys because we want them to prevail or are we all apathetic whenever anybody bites the dust? Are we apathetic when these guys go before they really flesh out? Because I'm tell you this, if that is so, I am not, nothing grates me more than when a character goes to waste or isn't justified in their time hanging around by the time it's done, or is just used as a plot device. I spoke to a friend about "plot device characters", they brought up the issue first and they made a lot of sense. Isayama is dealing a lot in this. You don't win points for that. 

        Loading editor
    • RuneLai
      RuneLai removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      16:53, May 7, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • RuneLai
      RuneLai removed this reply because:
      Off-topic
      16:53, May 7, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Fire Eater wrote:
      The answer to that is very simple, DEVELOP these characters, give them ample screetime, don't introduce 90% of those actually given a name just to die within one or two episodes/chapters, whatever, which is the treatment he gives 99% of them, main or redshirt, and do more than just be a freaking death dealer. The worldbuilding didn't even become serious until so much later in the story, and I'm not referring to the anime, which is still stuck in the point in the story where all's a fog. So as such, merely a death dealer. A role he too eagerly pursues on both sides of the fence. Do we not watch these guys because we want them to prevail or are we all apathetic whenever anybody bites the dust? Are we apathetic when these guys go before they really flesh out? Because I'm tell you this, if that is so, I am not, nothing grates me more than when a character goes to waste or isn't justified in their time hanging around by the time it's done, or is just used as a plot device. I spoke to a friend about "plot device characters", they brought up the issue first and they made a lot of sense. Isayama is dealing a lot in this. You don't win points for that. 

      that's not how it works.

        Loading editor
    • RuneLai
      RuneLai removed this reply because:
      Sole reason for post is insulting another user.
      22:24, May 7, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Shawntitan89 wrote:
      Fire Eater wrote:
      The answer to that is very simple, DEVELOP these characters, give them ample screetime, don't introduce 90% of those actually given a name just to die within one or two episodes/chapters, whatever, which is the treatment he gives 99% of them, main or redshirt, and do more than just be a freaking death dealer. The worldbuilding didn't even become serious until so much later in the story, and I'm not referring to the anime, which is still stuck in the point in the story where all's a fog. So as such, merely a death dealer. A role he too eagerly pursues on both sides of the fence. Do we not watch these guys because we want them to prevail or are we all apathetic whenever anybody bites the dust? Are we apathetic when these guys go before they really flesh out? Because I'm tell you this, if that is so, I am not, nothing grates me more than when a character goes to waste or isn't justified in their time hanging around by the time it's done, or is just used as a plot device. I spoke to a friend about "plot device characters", they brought up the issue first and they made a lot of sense. Isayama is dealing a lot in this. You don't win points for that. 
      that's not how it works.

      I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take from that statement. But Isayama is absolutely terrible when it comes to giving anyone who isn't the main trio or one of the Homelanders purpose in the story. Hell, Annie's still AWOL so even more evidence against his case. That man crosses lines that are too soon crossed. I don't care how much anybody on this planet loves their grimdark, it's not an excuse. 

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote:
      Shawntitan89 wrote:
      Fire Eater wrote:
      The answer to that is very simple, DEVELOP these characters, give them ample screetime, don't introduce 90% of those actually given a name just to die within one or two episodes/chapters, whatever, which is the treatment he gives 99% of them, main or redshirt, and do more than just be a freaking death dealer. The worldbuilding didn't even become serious until so much later in the story, and I'm not referring to the anime, which is still stuck in the point in the story where all's a fog. So as such, merely a death dealer. A role he too eagerly pursues on both sides of the fence. Do we not watch these guys because we want them to prevail or are we all apathetic whenever anybody bites the dust? Are we apathetic when these guys go before they really flesh out? Because I'm tell you this, if that is so, I am not, nothing grates me more than when a character goes to waste or isn't justified in their time hanging around by the time it's done, or is just used as a plot device. I spoke to a friend about "plot device characters", they brought up the issue first and they made a lot of sense. Isayama is dealing a lot in this. You don't win points for that. 
      that's not how it works.
      I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take from that statement. But Isayama is absolutely terrible when it comes to giving anyone who isn't the main trio or one of the Homelanders purpose in the story. Hell, Annie's still AWOL so even more evidence against his case. That man crosses lines that are too soon crossed. I don't care how much anybody on this planet loves their grimdark, it's not an excuse. 

      Can you please stop critizing Isayama, if you don't like it, then you can complain to him youself.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, tell me how. Because I'd rather that he hears it. I would love to give my feedback, and to say how I feel. Especially after this week. Please, I'd be glad to offer my piece to the man himself instead. 

        Loading editor
    • RuneLai
      RuneLai removed this reply because:
      Not civil.
      01:02, May 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Shawntitan89 wrote:
      Go to fucking anim expo.

      Hey, I know you hate my opinion but we agreed to keep things civil, okay? 

        Loading editor
    • Manuel already asked to keep the conversation civil, guys. We'd rather not lock the thread given that this is intended for discussion of the Season 3 trailer, and by now it has wandered considerably off-topic and has gotten heated--again.

      Please return to the original topic or go start another thread. And deep breaths before posting.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, and agreed. But seriously, how can we talk to the man? Because if I don't say what I have to say, it will not go away. For me he did something few have accomplished. 

        Loading editor
    • Unfortunately I doubt you'll be able to talk to him. He doesn't go abroad much and I doubt he speaks English. Your best bet (and it's not a very good one), is to write a physical letter in Japanese and send it to the appropriate address for Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine c/o Hajime Isayama. Isayama used to have a Twitter account but doesn't maintain it anymore, probably because as the series got more popular he got busier.

      Manga-ka usually get fan letters through their publishers rather than directly through fans. There is a system set up for this, and in Japan it's a normal process. Everything is collected and sent on to the manga-ka.

      After that, whether you get any response, would be up to Isayama. But that's probably your best bet to send him a message, barring any industry connections.

        Loading editor
    • RuneLai wrote:
      Unfortunately I doubt you'll be able to talk to him. He doesn't go abroad much and I doubt he speaks English. Your best bet (and it's not a very good one), is to write a physical letter in Japanese and send it to the appropriate address for Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine c/o Hajime Isayama. Isayama used to have a Twitter account but doesn't maintain it anymore, probably because as the series got more popular he got busier.

      Manga-ka usually get fan letters through their publishers rather than directly through fans. There is a system set up for this, and in Japan it's a normal process. Everything is collected and sent on to the manga-ka.

      After that, whether you get any response, would be up to Isayama. But that's probably your best bet to send him a message, barring any industry connections.

      I'll have to act on that somehow. If that's my best bet I'll do it. 

      I have to reach out and say my piece and express my feelings. This time around he's actually left me feeling legitimately nauseated. 

        Loading editor
    • RuneLai wrote:
      Unfortunately I doubt you'll be able to talk to him. He doesn't go abroad much and I doubt he speaks English. Your best bet (and it's not a very good one), is to write a physical letter in Japanese and send it to the appropriate address for Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine c/o Hajime Isayama. Isayama used to have a Twitter account but doesn't maintain it anymore, probably because as the series got more popular he got busier.

      Manga-ka usually get fan letters through their publishers rather than directly through fans. There is a system set up for this, and in Japan it's a normal process. Everything is collected and sent on to the manga-ka.

      After that, whether you get any response, would be up to Isayama. But that's probably your best bet to send him a message, barring any industry connections.

      Yeah I was being sarcastic.

        Loading editor
    • My question is just how far into the manga will Season 3 cover? I was surprised, to say the least, that the number of episodes for Season 2 was cut in half, so I'm curious if they're sticking with that number and, if so, how much they can squeeze into that small timeframe?

        Loading editor
    • We're expecting Season 3 to last two cours (approx 24 episodes). It will likely cover up to Chapter 90 of the manga, since that's the best break point.

        Loading editor
    • 90 chapters compressed into 61 if that's accurate. 

      On a sidenote, thank you guys, I was looking for where that info on Manga-ka went. I think it's time I made use of it. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message