FANDOM


  • I don't need to tell you that the AOT writer (cant remember his name, to lazy to google is) is an excellent writer at that. He is also a master of leaving in small details which makes his story of AOT a true masterpiece. And that's why I think that it's painfully obvious that The Ymir Curse is not real, he left it in with so much evidince that it isn't real, it's almost painful. The Ymir Curse not being real would also be great storry telling. Not a lot of people agree, but do we remember that titans where created to be gods? And do we remember that the original idea for titans was to be pretty much passed on by the royal family? Well, The Ymir Curse was one among manny ways to keep people away from the titan power. If you want it you can have it, but your life goes out the window. A ingenious idea! The first titan was the guy who came up with it, and he could just pass on his memories to the next, so he didn't mind dying over and over again. Those who became intertwined with him where controlled to let themselves die by the 13 years rule. The First titan set it all up, having the ritual take place every 13 years, didn't matter, would just take controll of the next primordial titan (how do they call it again? My memory is bad xD). He couldn't die and he could for ever rule. And Ymir herself has proven this curse wrong by just being alive. She shouldn't have survived those 60 years and the existince of titans in general. Weren't they all created at the same time as Ymir? Some even b4 (like the ones in the walls, they would be 100 years old). I'm not easy to follow because I jump all over the place I'm sorry but quick to end this 100 year long commet. The Ymir curse cant be true, it's almost always proven wrong. It would be excellent to keep people away from the titan power. But most of all, Attack On Titan has always been about figuring out the details that everybody would miss the obvious big one, The Ymir Curse is fake. I don't know about you but I find this story telling trully awsome. I hope that that is the way this story goes to.

      Loading editor
    • Oooh. This game me an idea. To answer your question, the "first Titan" you mention is called the "Founding Titan". Just a note to be clear because I like the terminology -- down here, I will refer to the first Titan as an"important figure we don't know of", who is NOT Ymir Fritz or any of the future Founding Titans.

      There are three cases that I've come up with, assuming the below is true:

      • The first Titan/Ymir/Devil of All Earth/another important unknown figure convinced ALL future Titan inheritors to pass down their Titan in a cycle every 13 years.
        • It's phsyically impossible.
        • Everybody was brainwashed into believing it.
        • It's true but you can escape it.

      To further explain the first one: everybody becomes old because P A T H S controls their aging. If they still haven't given up their power at the end of their 13 year tenure, the holder will die because their nervous system fails in some way.

      For the second: Titan shifters can live for longer. The influencer just brainwashed everybody to believe it, because nobody should be allowed to gain that much power.

      And fianlly, for the last one: the cycle exists. However, there can be ways to evade the 13 curse. One of them might be what Annie is doing. Perhaps she's been trying to use P A T H S to secretly influence something from the background. If it's one thing she's been doing in the crystal, I bet it's not just sleeping.

        Loading editor
    • +GodOfBoi

      Sorry to burst your bubble, but:

      "And Ymir herself has proven this curse wrong by just being alive. She shouldn't have survived those 60 years and the existince of titans in general. Weren't they all created at the same time as Ymir? Some even b4 (like the ones in the walls, they would be 100 years old). "

      Wrong. The Ymir in the series wasn't the original Ymir, the one who supposedly "made a deal with the Earth Devil" . She was just a beggar who was given the name "Ymir" and used in a cult. Further more, she "lived" for 60 years as a PURE titan, not as one of the nine, a shifter. Pure titans it seems can 'live" forever, it's only when one gains the power of a shifter, aka being able to switch between forms and retain intelligence does one have the 13 year limit slapped onto them.

      "And do we remember that the original idea for titans was to be pretty much passed on by the royal family? Well, The Ymir Curse was one among manny ways to keep people away from the titan power."

      Wrong again. Only the Founding Titan is tied to royal blood, the others were just aristocrats, and as we can see from the series, their full powers can be utilized any Eldian. The very fact that the Founding Titan was said to able to control all other titans(not confirmed whether or not it can control the nine) and the fact that the power is useless without royal blood(also keep in mind the way to bypass it was only a very recent discovery by pure accident) makes this supposed "Ymir's curse was made up to keep people away" or "Ymir's curse was brainwashed into inheritors" unnecessary.  With the 13 year rule , families that keep it are not only forced to have many many children to conpensate, they are also at high risk(as we see from the Marleyan version of history) of fighting among each other and themselves for the power. Either the curse exists or the person who made it was extremely stupid and short-sighted.

        Loading editor
    • +TheMagicalWonders

      "everybody becomes old because P A T H S controls their aging. If they still haven't given up their power at the end of their 13 year tenure, the holder will die because their nervous system fails in some way."

      I do agree with most of this, however it's more likely that the PATHS merely count how many years a holder has biologically aged, rather than controlling them directly. Think of it as a computer cable connecting back to the main unit(Founding Titan).

      "Titan shifters can live for longer. The influencer just brainwashed everybody to believe it, because nobody should be allowed to gain that much power."

      This is completely illogical and counterproductive from any perspective. If it was implemented by past kings before Fritz then why not just NOT have the curse, then kings will be able to rule for their entire lifespans. If it was implemeted by Fritz then why not, again, make the holder of the Founding Titan last for their entire life to enforce the wall policy? And maybe even make the lifespans of the 7 held by marley to be extremely short to "prevent war and violence"?

      "the cycle exists. However, there can be ways to evade the 13 curse. One of them might be what Annie is doing. Perhaps she's been trying to use P A T H S to secretly influence something from the background. If it's one thing she's been doing in the crystal, I bet it's not just sleeping."

      I do agree that annie's sleeping may very well be delaying her death as she didn't seem to age, and if Ymir's curse operates on how much the user ages then it could work. However, Annie's only the holder of the Female with no such influence over PATHS whatsoever, coupled with the fact that she didn't age(and wasn't conscious), that doesn't seem like a valid possibility.

        Loading editor
    • The Ymkr Curse thing came from the fact that Ymir lasted for 13 years. This whole curse revolves around her, and her story and her powers and the true source to it. Parhaps, we'll see a twist to. this 'Ymir's Curse', Mikasa believed that it can't be true, though that was more personal than anything related to sustainablity. We know thay True Royal Blood Founding Titan Shifters are also a victim of this curse... So not even Royal blood nor the power of the Founding titan can help. That is where I believe Eren combining the Nine Titans into one comes to. Maybe Eren's gonna revive Ymir and end the curse.

        Loading editor
    • There is 2000 years of history between when the 13 year curse started and now. If it was fake, some time between then and now a power hungry titan shifter would have held on to their power longer than 13 years and realized it was all a hoax. Also, as pointed out, only the founding titan combinded with a human of royal blood results in the titan shifter being completely overwhelmed by the titan's ideology. Finally, we have seen flash backs to Rod's brother, i forget his name. Anyways, he aged very quickly towards the end of his term with the founding titan. To me, that is proof that their is something physical taking a toll on titan shifters.

        Loading editor
    • ErenZeke2020 wrote: There is 2000 years of history between when the 13 year curse started and now. If it was fake, some time between then and now a power hungry titan shifter would have held on to their power longer than 13 years and realized it was all a hoax. Also, as pointed out, only the founding titan combinded with a human of royal blood results in the titan shifter being completely overwhelmed by the titan's ideology. Finally, we have seen flash backs to Rod's brother, i forget his name. Anyways, he aged very quickly towards the end of his term with the founding titan. To me, that is proof that their is something physical taking a toll on titan shifters.

      Rod's brother is named Uri.

        Loading editor
    • ErenZeke2020 wrote:
      There is 2000 years of history between when the 13 year curse started and now. If it was fake, some time between then and now a power hungry titan shifter would have held on to their power longer than 13 years and realized it was all a hoax. Also, as pointed out, only the founding titan combinded with a human of royal blood results in the titan shifter being completely overwhelmed by the titan's ideology. Finally, we have seen flash backs to Rod's brother, i forget his name. Anyways, he aged very quickly towards the end of his term with the founding titan. To me, that is proof that their is something physical taking a toll on titan shifters.

      Well, the Reis titans where always known for making abnormals but I'm not gonna argue that What if those people got killed by the king who wanted to "Prove the curse" it's a stretch but if the king knew about these Titan Shifters he may have waited for the 13 year mark and then kill them. Tho this is a stretch and I do have one other theory but I think that is a far bigger stretch.

        Loading editor
    • BlazeRelease wrote:
      The Ymkr Curse thing came from the fact that Ymir lasted for 13 years. This whole curse revolves around her, and her story and her powers and the true source to it. Parhaps, we'll see a twist to. this 'Ymir's Curse', Mikasa believed that it can't be true, though that was more personal than anything related to sustainablity. We know thay True Royal Blood Founding Titan Shifters are also a victim of this curse... So not even Royal blood nor the power of the Founding titan can help. That is where I believe Eren combining the Nine Titans into one comes to. Maybe Eren's gonna revive Ymir and end the curse.

      Interesting but here is a little fact The writer of AOT said that he hates the concept of fate, it sounds stupid to him. So this is annother reason that the Ymir curse might be fake TBH if the series went the way you think it would I wouldn't have any problem with that. And I think it sounds more reasonable then my 100 years of commenting.

        Loading editor
    • Carweirdo3 wrote:
      +TheMagicalWonders

      "everybody becomes old because P A T H S controls their aging. If they still haven't given up their power at the end of their 13 year tenure, the holder will die because their nervous system fails in some way."

      I do agree with most of this, however it's more likely that the PATHS merely count how many years a holder has biologically aged, rather than controlling them directly. Think of it as a computer cable connecting back to the main unit(Founding Titan).

      "Titan shifters can live for longer. The influencer just brainwashed everybody to believe it, because nobody should be allowed to gain that much power."

      This is completely illogical and counterproductive from any perspective. If it was implemented by past kings before Fritz then why not just NOT have the curse, then kings will be able to rule for their entire lifespans. If it was implemeted by Fritz then why not, again, make the holder of the Founding Titan last for their entire life to enforce the wall policy? And maybe even make the lifespans of the 7 held by marley to be extremely short to "prevent war and violence"?

      "the cycle exists. However, there can be ways to evade the 13 curse. One of them might be what Annie is doing. Perhaps she's been trying to use P A T H S to secretly influence something from the background. If it's one thing she's been doing in the crystal, I bet it's not just sleeping."

      I do agree that annie's sleeping may very well be delaying her death as she didn't seem to age, and if Ymir's curse operates on how much the user ages then it could work. However, Annie's only the holder of the Female with no such influence over PATHS whatsoever, coupled with the fact that she didn't age(and wasn't conscious), that doesn't seem like a valid possibility.

      I'll tell you why, the first king wanted all the power, he was greedy, so by putting this ritual in place he would keep people from wanting that power and he could keep ruling . Tho I don't completly dissagree with you either.

        Loading editor
    • Carweirdo3 wrote:
      +GodOfBoi

      Sorry to burst your bubble, but:

      "And Ymir herself has proven this curse wrong by just being alive. She shouldn't have survived those 60 years and the existince of titans in general. Weren't they all created at the same time as Ymir? Some even b4 (like the ones in the walls, they would be 100 years old). "

      Wrong. The Ymir in the series wasn't the original Ymir, the one who supposedly "made a deal with the Earth Devil" . She was just a beggar who was given the name "Ymir" and used in a cult. Further more, she "lived" for 60 years as a PURE titan, not as one of the nine, a shifter. Pure titans it seems can 'live" forever, it's only when one gains the power of a shifter, aka being able to switch between forms and retain intelligence does one have the 13 year limit slapped onto them.

      "And do we remember that the original idea for titans was to be pretty much passed on by the royal family? Well, The Ymir Curse was one among manny ways to keep people away from the titan power."

      Wrong again. Only the Founding Titan is tied to royal blood, the others were just aristocrats, and as we can see from the series, their full powers can be utilized any Eldian. The very fact that the Founding Titan was said to able to control all other titans(not confirmed whether or not it can control the nine) and the fact that the power is useless without royal blood(also keep in mind the way to bypass it was only a very recent discovery by pure accident) makes this supposed "Ymir's curse was made up to keep people away" or "Ymir's curse was brainwashed into inheritors" unnecessary.  With the 13 year rule , families that keep it are not only forced to have many many children to conpensate, they are also at high risk(as we see from the Marleyan version of history) of fighting among each other and themselves for the power. Either the curse exists or the person who made it was extremely stupid and short-sighted.

      Woosh gimme a break dude xD ​​​Well I'd wanna argue this point here first:

      "families that keep it are not only forced to have many many children to conpensate, they are also at high risk(as we see from the Marleyan version of history) of fighting among each other and themselves for the power." Why do families have to fight over the power? What if the person with the powers just decided to not have children and give it back to it's original owner? The man would be however sad tho because he wasn't able to live his life. But I'm not really gonna argue all that much because I know that my theory is quit a stretch and I agree with most of what you are saying.

        Loading editor
    • GodOfBoi wrote:
      BlazeRelease wrote:
      The Ymkr Curse thing came from the fact that Ymir lasted for 13 years. This whole curse revolves around her, and her story and her powers and the true source to it. Parhaps, we'll see a twist to. this 'Ymir's Curse', Mikasa believed that it can't be true, though that was more personal than anything related to sustainablity. We know thay True Royal Blood Founding Titan Shifters are also a victim of this curse... So not even Royal blood nor the power of the Founding titan can help. That is where I believe Eren combining the Nine Titans into one comes to. Maybe Eren's gonna revive Ymir and end the curse.
      Interesting but here is a little fact

      The writer of AOT said that he hates the concept of fate, it sounds stupid to him. So this is annother reason that the Ymir curse might be fake TBH if the series went the way you think it would I wouldn't have any problem with that. And I think it sounds more reasonable then my 100 years of commenting.

      I am not BlazeRelease, but that makes a lot of sense. Isayama normally forshadowes things a lot, so for fate to be real this deep in? I don't think so. There might be another twist, but Isayama hasn't written anything about fate yet (that I can remember).

        Loading editor
    • GodOfBoi wrote:
      ErenZeke2020 wrote:
      There is 2000 years of history between when the 13 year curse started and now. If it was fake, some time between then and now a power hungry titan shifter would have held on to their power longer than 13 years and realized it was all a hoax. Also, as pointed out, only the founding titan combinded with a human of royal blood results in the titan shifter being completely overwhelmed by the titan's ideology. Finally, we have seen flash backs to Rod's brother, i forget his name. Anyways, he aged very quickly towards the end of his term with the founding titan. To me, that is proof that their is something physical taking a toll on titan shifters.
      Well, the Reis titans where always known for making abnormals but I'm not gonna argue that

      What if those people got killed by the king who wanted to "Prove the curse" it's a stretch but if the king knew about these Titan Shifters he may have waited for the 13 year mark and then kill them. Tho this is a stretch and I do have one other theory but I think that is a far bigger stretch.

      Punctuation would make your writing a lot easier to read. Also, your argument doesn't contradict mine. Even if it were a fake, in 2000, there would be a MINIMUM of 1,377 different people holding the titan shifters. That is 2000 years divided by 13 years per shifter multiplied by 9 shifters. We know that Eldians were stealing the Titans from one another so many life spans were likely less than 13 years meaning >1,377 shifters. My point is, with this many people involved, it is very hard to keep a consperacy going for so long. 

      But you did say something that interests me. What if the king was the one killing the titan shifters that waited past 13 years. Concievably, the eldian who has royal blood and the founding titan could have the power to will the death of any subject of yimr, perhaps even one who holds another titan shifter. And maybe the curse does exist in so much as the 13 year limit is build into an ideology that goes back far further than the first king of the walls. The royal blooded eldian who holds the founding titan could automatically kill the titan shifter. This would escentially be a curse. But does this mean the sudo-curse is innactive while Eren holds the founding Titan? ...And does Zeke know this?

        Loading editor
    • "But you did say something that interests me. What if the king was the one killing the titan shifters that waited past 13 years. Concievably, the eldian who has royal blood and the founding titan could have the power to will the death of any subject of yimr, perhaps even one who holds another titan shifter. And maybe the curse does exist in so much as the 13 year limit is build into an ideology that goes back far further than the first king of the walls. The royal blooded eldian who holds the founding titan could automatically kill the titan shifter. This would escentially be a curse. But does this mean the sudo-curse is innactive while Eren holds the founding Titan? ...And does Zeke know this?"

      Well, that would be a possibility, and does Zeke know this? If it where true Zeke would defenitly know, why else would he want the founding titans strenght so badly? What if he somehow accidentally activated the curse. He isn't from Royal Blood but he was able to use the Royal Blood power subconsciously in season 2. I'm stretching again IK, but I'd say that if Zeke who is far far far smarter then Eren got his hands on that power, oh he would abuse the crap out of it.

        Loading editor
    • Well, I assume Zeke doesn't want to die, so he probably wants the power to stay in the hands of a non royal who would keep the curse innactive. It seems that by poisoning the military government of Eldia so he can transform them into titan slaves in a moments notice, he already has the power to control that nation. And he seems to have a lot of influence over Eren, so as long as he can manipulate him, he doesn't need the founding titans powers. Plus, he wouldn't want to take the founding titans powers because then he would be bound by the first kinds ideology.

        Loading editor
    • ErenZeke2020 wrote:
      Well, I assume Zeke doesn't want to die, so he probably wants the power to stay in the hands of a non royal who would keep the curse innactive. It seems that by poisoning the military government of Eldia so he can transform them into titan slaves in a moments notice, he already has the power to control that nation. And he seems to have a lot of influence over Eren, so as long as he can manipulate him, he doesn't need the founding titans powers. Plus, he wouldn't want to take the founding titans powers because then he would be bound by the first kinds ideology.

      Cant dissagree with that

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message