FANDOM


  •   Loading editor
    • Man this episode was just...I really don't have the right words to say other than just emotional through & through. The battles & losses really speaks for itself of how war is hell and just hectic.

      Also R.I.P Marlo you shall be missed.

        Loading editor
    • SPOILER: this episode was pretty good, it still had its problems though. first off rip to anyone who died including what i assume to be erwin and maybe zeke, bertholdt and reiner, i dont know, i dont think so and of course maybe armin. i have to add though, i dont remember if its from the manga but the fact that armin survived that blast of hot steam that long was unrealistic even in a fantasy, im sorry but he should havent made it past a second, he survived for like a whole entire minute, that was plot armor at its finest. and again i remember it from the manga and it was cool to see beast titan take on levi but that felt more of a beatdown than anything, beast titan i guess was too proud of himself, or zeke i should say and he didnt even bother to be protected with his titans even though he was in a way but as soon as he was cut, he should have said attack and kill levi, not wait to get torn apart like that.and im sick to death of humans beating these titans, it looks way too fake, i can handle them beating the normal titans but the more godlike titans is unrealistic. id rather have eren do the takedown than two humans, it would have again felt more realistic, these titans are big and fast but i guess they arent fast enough to turn around quickly in time to stop a sneak attack. so yeah if this is the last battle of the season, i have no clue, but i remember what comes next and im very worried if they follow the manga. only 5 episodes left this season and hopefully a 4th season on the way and it will come out this year, i dont want to wait till 2020 or even longer for it. i cant wait to see if they adapt jaw titan and warhammer titan and hopefully they can improve upon them in what the manga failed to do with them. i also want to add that zeke straight up called rod reiss his king even after he died so idk if that implies that beast titan was inferior and taking orders from rod?, i kinda hope not, i would like if beast titan was his own leader, plus rod may have been the biggest titan so far but he was also the easiest to take down. i also hope they can bring back annie too soon cause she was more unstoppable to beat than most of the titans we're seeing, it took like what 10 episodes to beat her?
      
        Loading editor
    • This episode is very epic the fight scenes are just awesome Levi vs Beast Titan is so awesome.

        Loading editor
    • EDITORo
      EDITORo removed this reply because:
      i dont need it
      17:11, May 27, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Overall I enjoyed this episode, but there were a few things that stuck out at me.

      Levi shoves his sword through Zeke's head

      1) There was no way in hell this was going to be shown on TV, but this is the first time I think the show loses something with the censorship. Knowing that Levi is shoving his blade through Zeke's skull rather than ramming his blade in his mouth (while demanding an answer from him no less), shows just how upset he is and that he's doing this largely to make Zeke suffer than because he expects an answer.

      2) Not censorship, but when I read the manga I feel like when Levi was thinking of someone to bring back, it put more focus on the hope that he could restore Erwin. You could see that he was holding for the possibility that he could use the injection to save him. In the anime it felt more like Levi was looking for anyone who would work and Erwin was an afterthought.

      3) Armin preparing for his sacrifice was more moving than I expected it to be. It was just words on the page, but Marina Inoue sells his spirit of self-sacrifice.

      4) On the other hand, Marina Inoue's acting did not sell being burned alive. Armin sounds super determined, but it's the same super determined voice she uses for any other time Armin is being super determined (and is otherwise perfectly healthy). I expected more agony as Armin ought to be an excruciating pain, but instead he just sounds stubborn. It could have been a great moment, but instead it was just good for me.

        Loading editor
    • RuneLai wrote:
      Overall I enjoyed this episode, but there were a few things that stuck out at me.
      Levi shoves his sword through Zeke's head


      4) On the other hand, Marina Inoue's acting did not sell being burned alive. Armin sounds super determined, but it's the same super determined voice she uses for any other time Armin is being super determined (and is otherwise perfectly healthy). I expected more agony as Armin ought to be an excruciating pain, but instead he just sounds stubborn. It could have been a great moment, but instead it was just good for me.


      I kinda agree with you on that one. Armin should have sounded more like he was struggling to talk like in the manga, he sounded too determined and "normal". But it was a great moment nonetheless

        Loading editor
    • I remember reading this scene in the manga and finding it a little unrealistic, even by fantasy standards as well.

      No way could Armin hold onto his 3DM handles while being burnt alive like that, let alone be thinking so definitely about carrying out his plan. Wouldn't it have made more sense for Armin to realize that he couldn't be counted on to willinginly hold on to the handles while subjecting himself to exrcuciating pain like that, so instead he tied himself into the anchor lines so he had no choice but to stay there?

      I also didn't like that Armin's internal voice was so normal while he's being roasted alive. Shouldn't he be screaming in pain? Or at least screaming, "Aaaaaaarrrgghhh!!!!  I can't do it...I can't hold on any longer...I'm sorry Eren..." and then letting go?

      But the anime definitely made the scene better with the music they played. I also liked how they showed Bertholdt's vision through his own steam blast. It made it more believable why he wouldn't see that Eren's titan body as a grey, hardened shell. 

      The anime version of the Levi vs Beast Titan fight was better and worse than the manga at different parts. I liked how in the anime they made it look like Levi was going for the nape and missed, but was really going for the eyes. The animation itself was done beaituflly, and I liked the added touch of showing the point of view from the 3DM gear. They managed to do the blade-through-the-face pretty good too.

      Isayama did a better job of Levi tearing Zeke out the nape though. It looked way too clean in the anime. 

      And overall, I agree with the criticisms of it being too easy to take the Beast Titan down. Levi and Mikasa together couldn't do it the first time they encountered Annie's titan form. Even when Levi went to work on the Female Titan he couldn't fully slice through her arms or legs. But here he only needs one slice each to separate the Beast Titans legs from his feet. He turned the Beast Titans arms into sushi rolls, but the same move didn't have that effect on the Female Titan. It definitely decreased the threat of the Beast Titan.

        Loading editor
    • Tdfern14 wrote:
      Man this episode was just...I really don't have the right words to say other than just emotional through & through. The battles & losses really speaks for itself of how war is hell and just hectic.

      Also R.I.P Marlo you shall be missed.

      MANNNNNNNNNNN, i don't say about this episodio, just feeling.... simply AMAZING!!

        Loading editor
    • YSL Slime wrote:
      I remember reading this scene in the manga and finding it a little unrealistic, even by fantasy standards as well.

      No way could Armin hold onto his 3DM handles while being burnt alive like that, let alone be thinking so definitely about carrying out his plan. Wouldn't it have made more sense for Armin to realize that he couldn't be counted on to willinginly hold on to the handles while subjecting himself to exrcuciating pain like that, so instead he tied himself into the anchor lines so he had no choice but to stay there?

      I also didn't like that Armin's internal voice was so normal while he's being roasted alive. Shouldn't he be screaming in pain? Or at least screaming, "Aaaaaaarrrgghhh!!!!  I can't do it...I can't hold on any longer...I'm sorry Eren..." and then letting go?

      But the anime definitely made the scene better with the music they played. I also liked how they showed Bertholdt's vision through his own steam blast. It made it more believable why he wouldn't see that Eren's titan body as a grey, hardened shell. 

      The anime version of the Levi vs Beast Titan fight was better and worse than the manga at different parts. I liked how in the anime they made it look like Levi was going for the nape and missed, but was really going for the eyes. The animation itself was done beaituflly, and I liked the added touch of showing the point of view from the 3DM gear. They managed to do the blade-through-the-face pretty good too.

      Isayama did a better job of Levi tearing Zeke out the nape though. It looked way too clean in the anime. 

      And overall, I agree with the criticisms of it being too easy to take the Beast Titan down. Levi and Mikasa together couldn't do it the first time they encountered Annie's titan form. Even when Levi went to work on the Female Titan he couldn't fully slice through her arms or legs. But here he only needs one slice each to separate the Beast Titans legs from his feet. He turned the Beast Titans arms into sushi rolls, but the same move didn't have that effect on the Female Titan. It definitely decreased the threat of the Beast Titan.

      Maybe because they have experience handling advance intelligent Titans and know what's there weak spots? That's just my guess.

        Loading editor
    • For the longest time now i heard "Levi god mode"... "anime watchers will crap them selves with levi god mode" "Levi vs Beast Titan is so epic"

      I've heard about this all the time...

      Now it finally happened, Levi showed up from the smoke… I was like here we go!!

      10 seconds later it was over... What? This is what ppl have been saying is so epic? These 10 seconds? It was pretty cool but... 10 seconds???

      Then more Titans show up, Levi is getting ready... I'm think "ooh crap it's not over! here we go"

      A giant message suddenly appears on my screen saying "Sorry, even thought this show is very succesful we don't have the budget for more action. We are now going to cut away from Levi slaughtering Titans which hasn't been seen since season 1, 5 years ago. Use your imagination about how he kills them all!"

      Ok it didn't pop up on my screen but it might aswell have... Why would they cut away from Levi killing hordes of Titans to chase the Beast Titan?

      I'm still digging the story of the show but the amount of things they are cutting is pushing me out of it.

      TL;DR I was expecting more about Levi fighting Titans again after 5 years since season 1... But they don't show it..

        Loading editor
    • WhiteOni wrote: For the longest time now i heard "Levi god mode"... "anime watchers will crap them selves with levi god mode" "Levi vs Beast Titan is so epic"

      I've heard about this all the time...

      Now it finally happened, Levi showed up from the smoke… I was like here we go!!

      10 seconds later it was over... What? This is what ppl have been saying is so epic? These 10 seconds? It was pretty cool but... 10 seconds???

      Then more Titans show up, Levi is getting ready... I'm think "ooh crap it's not over! here we go"

      A giant message suddenly appears on my screen saying "Sorry, even thought this show is very succesful we don't have the budget for more action. We are now going to cut away from Levi slaughtering Titans which hasn't been seen since season 1, 5 years ago. Use your imagination about how he kills them all!"

      Ok it didn't pop up on my screen but it might aswell have... Why would they cut away from Levi killing hordes of Titans to chase the Beast Titan?

      I'm still digging the story of the show but the amount of things they are cutting is pushing me out of it.

      TL;DR I was expecting more about Levi fighting Titans again after 5 years since season 1... But they don't show it..

      Maybe because there's a lot of other stuff going on at the same time and they wanted to focus on them too?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.