FANDOM


  • As it stands right now the plan was for Historia to give birth to as many royal blooded children she could while having inherited the beast titan after giving birth to her current child. Isn't it better to have Zeke impregnate several Eldian women and have them give birth to royal blooded children, this would avoid the complications that come with pregnancy as for all we know Historia could just die from giving birth ruining the plan. It isn't even known if she can keep her pregnancy while having the beast titan or if the baby would die from the transformation. Maybe being a titan shifter made Zeke infertile, I wouldn't know but that would ruin the plan all the same. Perhaps I missed something and this is all wrong but yeah, i just randomly thought of this.

      Loading editor
    • Well, coming from someone who dreams of everyone being sterile, it’s no wonder.

        Loading editor
    • XD

        Loading editor
    • Well Grisha was able to father Eren after inheriting the Attack Titan from Kruger, so it shouldn't effect someone unless they’re a pregnant woman, cause it was mentioned that if Historia (who is now pregnant) becomes a titan it could cause a miscarriage, as when someone becomes a pure titan they lose their human body and only regain it if they eat someone who has one of the nine titans.

        Loading editor
    • Now that I think of it, Zeke really should of done that.

        Loading editor
    • >Zeke

      >Children

        Loading editor
    • Because Zeke didn’t and doesn’t have that much time to live (only one year left). Plus, he thinks that Eldians are a curse to the world, and that they would had been better off if they wouldn’t had existed. Hence, he wants to make Eldians infertile.

        Loading editor
    • This is indeed a big hole in Zeke's plan (even if he dies soon - in one year or less Zeke is able to father more children than Historia could bear in a lifetime!!!), but it's no wonder because this whole plan was meaningless and fake anyways. Since the newest chapters we know that his true intention is to take away the Eldian's ability to reproduce. So this fake plan was just an excuse to get to Paradis Island and to fool everybody.

      BTW: I am convinced that Historia's pregnancy is fake. Might sound stupid at first glimpse, but the evidence is there. Check out my elaborated theory on tumblr if you're interested: https://dorovahkiin.tumblr.com/post/189067588104/snk-theory-manga-spoilers-why-i-believe?is_related_post=1

        Loading editor
    • ThatPansexualWeeb wrote: Now that I think of it, Zeke really should of done that.

      You're not the only one that feels that way! Then again, can you imagine any woman wanting to be with him?

        Loading editor
    • I'm pretty sure Zeke does not want children, you might even be able to tell from the fact that he want all Eldians to stop being able to reproduce.Also that was one of Zeke's plans not the entire one.

        Loading editor
    • JayPatt wrote: I'm pretty sure Zeke does not want children, you might even be able to tell from the fact that he want all Eldians to stop being able to reproduce.Also that was one of Zeke's plans not the entire one.

      And it's why he was a horrible person and should've just died.

        Loading editor
    • Well, fathering royal children would now be meaningless, since Ymir no longer obeys the royal family.

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:

      JayPatt wrote: I'm pretty sure Zeke does not want children, you might even be able to tell from the fact that he want all Eldians to stop being able to reproduce.Also that was one of Zeke's plans not the entire one.

      And it's why he was a horrible person and should've just died.

      It's a bad thing to do for sure, but you making it seem like he wants them to all die brutal deaths.He just wants babies to stop being born and the race to slowly die out.

        Loading editor
    • Which makes Zeke a self-hating/self-loathing character.

        Loading editor
    • Not really,the point of his plan is to slowly eradicate Eldians on face of Earth,his sterilization dream is to make Eldians to be freed from their misery (by stopping their birth from the start) and freeing the world from Eldians (the extinction of the titans), his values are somehow similar to the will of the First King of the Walls said in Frieda's mouth: "It's not about redemption,the people of the walls have to atone for their precedessors sins and their future sins by staying ignorant and they have to die before they take the other's lives" In other words,the first king of walls and Zeke want Eldians to be killed before they can kill others,because they assume that they will definetly kill the others and distrupt world peace.

        Loading editor
    • I don't get it, whats wrong with hating yourself?

        Loading editor
    • JayPatt wrote: I don't get it, whats wrong with hating yourself?

      That self-hatred extends to hating others, eventually wanting to be the decider of other people's fate.

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:

      JayPatt wrote: I don't get it, whats wrong with hating yourself?

      That self-hatred extends to hating others, eventually wanting to be the decider of other people's fate.

      I get that, but I don't think that makes him a horrible person especially since there are other characters worse.

        Loading editor
    • JayPatt wrote:

      Aggression25 wrote:

      JayPatt wrote: I don't get it, whats wrong with hating yourself?

      That self-hatred extends to hating others, eventually wanting to be the decider of other people's fate.

      I get that, but I don't think that makes him a horrible person especially since there are other characters worse.

      Rod Reiss, Kenny Ackerman, Karl Fritz, King Fritz, Marleyan citizens, and now Eren Yeager.

        Loading editor
    • I don't understand this Royal Bloodline to begin with. Aren't all subjects of Ymir descendents from Ymir and King Fritz? Don't all subjects of Ymir have royal blood? It feels like this is all in Ymir's "head", the blood doesn't really matter, even if Uri had a child with some girl, the child's blood wouldn't be any different from anybody elses.

      Just saying, it can't be the blood, that just doesn't make sense. It seems to work more like titles, like "only those withing 2 degrees of separation between them and the last king can become the next king", and for some reason Ymir also accepts the division between the Reiss and the Fritz family to count, so, even though Zeke is from a branch that hasn't been King for like 9 "generations" (13 years max), Ymir still considers him to have "royal blood". In the end, it seems that who has royal blood is who ever Ymir thinks they do.

      Unfortunally, this doesn't matter much more now, since Eren has made direct contact with Ymir and may have bypassed this royal blood limitation (maybe), but considering how important this was until the Rumbling, I would just to understand better how it works.

        Loading editor
    • At this point, blood no longer matters.

        Loading editor
    • Jumbernaut wrote:
      I don't understand this Royal Bloodline to begin with. Aren't all subjects of Ymir descendents from Ymir and King Fritz? Don't all subjects of Ymir have royal blood? It feels like this is all in Ymir's "head", the blood doesn't really matter, even if Uri had a child with some girl, the child's blood wouldn't be any different from anybody elses.

      Just saying, it can't be the blood, that just doesn't make sense. It seems to work more like titles, like "only those withing 2 degrees of separation between them and the last king can become the next king", and for some reason Ymir also accepts the division between the Reiss and the Fritz family to count, so, even though Zeke is from a branch that hasn't been King for like 9 "generations" (13 years max), Ymir still considers him to have "royal blood". In the end, it seems that who has royal blood is who ever Ymir thinks they do.

      Unfortunally, this doesn't matter much more now, since Eren has made direct contact with Ymir and may have bypassed this royal blood limitation (maybe), but considering how important this was until the Rumbling, I would just to understand better how it works.

      I thought the Founding Titan possessed control over all people of Ymir Fritz's tribe (Eldians, subjects of the royal Eldian King Fritz), and Ymir follows the will of her descendants (Reiss family) because they have the blood of her enslaver. Zeke and Uri are descendants of King Fritz, meanwhile anyone else like Armin is a descendant of an Eldian subject. That's what I thought. Anyways, as many have said, blood is null.

        Loading editor
    • Jumbernaut wrote:
      I don't understand this Royal Bloodline to begin with. Aren't all subjects of Ymir descendents from Ymir and King Fritz? Don't all subjects of Ymir have royal blood? It feels like this is all in Ymir's "head", the blood doesn't really matter, even if Uri had a child with some girl, the child's blood wouldn't be any different from anybody elses.

      Just saying, it can't be the blood, that just doesn't make sense. It seems to work more like titles, like "only those withing 2 degrees of separation between them and the last king can become the next king", and for some reason Ymir also accepts the division between the Reiss and the Fritz family to count, so, even though Zeke is from a branch that hasn't been King for like 9 "generations" (13 years max), Ymir still considers him to have "royal blood". In the end, it seems that who has royal blood is who ever Ymir thinks they do.

      Unfortunally, this doesn't matter much more now, since Eren has made direct contact with Ymir and may have bypassed this royal blood limitation (maybe), but considering how important this was until the Rumbling, I would just to understand better how it works.

      When Ymir died, her 9 titans were divided by 3. 3 daughters, 3 titans for each one. She probably obeys the will of the children who were born to the daughter who inherited the Founding Titan, since the King of Eldians has always been the one who had the Founding.

        Loading editor
    • Because Ymir was forced to bear the first king of eldia's childrens,the power of titans is very connected to royal bloodline,that's why the full abilities of the founding WERE for royalty only,a double contact between a non-titan royalty (Historia) and Rod reiss (in human form) and a non-royalty intelligent titan (and holder of the founding) (Eren)  in the other hand unlocked some of the Attack abilities,in the same time,even contact between a non-titan royaty (Historia) and pure titan royallty (Rod Reiss) unlocked some of the latter's memories,that's because probably the kings of Eldia did some genetic engineering and experiments on Ymir's contrymens (Subjects of Ymir) and forced them to reproduce with a majority of his own people (majority of Eldians) to awaken their abilities to transform to titans,in the other hand, the other clans were immune because some were possibly granted to not be forced to reproduce with eldians in exchange of sending some of their people as experiment subjects (non-SOY Eldians),in the other hand,some clans were given responsibility to protect the royal family in exchange of granting them replica of titan powers without turning into ones (the Ackermans),this is my theory.

        Loading editor
    • TinyHargreaves wrote:

      I thought the Founding Titan possessed control over all people of Ymir Fritz's tribe (Eldians, subjects of the royal Eldian King Fritz), and Ymir follows the will of her descendants (Reiss family) because they have the blood of her enslaver. Zeke and Uri are descendants of King Fritz, meanwhile anyone else like Armin is a descendant of an Eldian subject. That's what I thought. Anyways, as many have said, blood is null.

      I don't see why Ymir would have power over regular human eldians. I don't really like to use the Paths Realm as a concrete source for anything, but in chap 122 we see only 1 pillar when Ymir dies and then 3 branches as her daughters eat her remains. Based on that, and on the world knowledge of the story, that only eldians descendents can be turned into titans, only they are connected through the paths. I assume the humans have tried injecting spinal fluid on regular humans and, at least, in most cases it doesn't work. The human eldians, if there are still any, just don't matter.

      One important aspect of the "royal bloodline" is that, alegendly, when the Founding Titan is passed down to a titan of royal blood, it will be bound to the will of Karl Fritz, to renounce war, and will stubbornly not answer any questions about the past. Now, even though technically all eldians, even Connie, are descendents of royal blood, for some reason only those who have the last name Reiss or Fritz count as royal blood (actually, as stupid as that sounds, it kinda works. So, yeah, Ymir is a dumb girl and maybe the right last name is enough for her...). So, only those with Reiss or Fritz last name would be bound by the will of Karl Fritz. I feel this complicates things because it legitimizes this broken bloodline that doesn't make much sense.

      Honestly, it just doesn't make any sense that Zeke counts as royal blood. I understand Ymir, kinda "holding ghost hands" with the current King, who ever has the Founding Titan, and only recognizing those who this last King recognizes as legitimate heirs to his "crown", but the Fritz family branched off from the King who stayed inside the walls like 100 years ago. There should be like 50 people like Dinah Fritz, secretly hiding their Fritz heritage outside of the wall. Do all of them count as royal blood? Without a King outside of the wall, who counts as the "head of the family" to determine how far you have to branch out to not count as royal blood? The murkiness of these mechanics really upset me.

        Loading editor
    • Jumbernaut wrote:
      TinyHargreaves wrote:

      I thought the Founding Titan possessed control over all people of Ymir Fritz's tribe (Eldians, subjects of the royal Eldian King Fritz), and Ymir follows the will of her descendants (Reiss family) because they have the blood of her enslaver. Zeke and Uri are descendants of King Fritz, meanwhile anyone else like Armin is a descendant of an Eldian subject. That's what I thought. Anyways, as many have said, blood is null.

      I don't see why Ymir would have power over regular human eldians. I don't really like to use the Paths Realm as a concrete source for anything, but in chap 122 we see only 1 pillar when Ymir dies and then 3 branches as her daughters eat her remains. Based on that, and on the world knowledge of the story, that only eldians descendents can be turned into titans, only they are connected through the paths. I assume the humans have tried injecting spinal fluid on regular humans and, at least, in most cases it doesn't work. The human eldians, if there are still any, just don't matter.

      One important aspect of the "royal bloodline" is that, alegendly, when the Founding Titan is passed down to a titan of royal blood, it will be bound to the will of Karl Fritz, to renounce war, and will stubbornly not answer any questions about the past. Now, even though technically all eldians, even Connie, are descendents of royal blood, for some reason only those who have the last name Reiss or Fritz count as royal blood (actually, as stupid as that sounds, it kinda works. So, yeah, Ymir is a dumb girl and maybe the right last name is enough for her...). So, only those with Reiss or Fritz last name would be bound by the will of Karl Fritz. I feel this complicates things because it legitimizes this broken bloodline that doesn't make much sense.

      Honestly, it just doesn't make any sense that Zeke counts as royal blood. I understand Ymir, kinda "holding ghost hands" with the current King, who ever has the Founding Titan, and only recognizing those who this last King recognizes as legitimate heirs to his "crown", but the Fritz family branched off from the King who stayed inside the walls like 100 years ago. There should be like 50 people like Dinah Fritz, secretly hiding their Fritz heritage outside of the wall. Do all of them count as royal blood? Without a King outside of the wall, who counts as the "head of the family" to determine how far you have to branch out to not count as royal blood? The murkiness of these mechanics really upset me.

      I completely understand your confusion; what you're saying didn't make sense to me either which is why I chose to believe Ymir just had control over all the regular human Eldians. But if that's unlikely, it's quite possible she literally will only follow the commands of her descendants based on their surname, like you said... very murky.

        Loading editor
    • I don't see why Ymir would have power over regular human eldians. I don't really like to use the Paths Realm as a concrete source for anything, but in chap 122 we see only 1 pillar when Ymir dies and then 3 branches as her daughters eat her remains. Based on that, and on the world knowledge of the story, that only eldians descendents can be turned into titans, only they are connected through the paths. I assume the humans have tried injecting spinal fluid on regular humans and, at least, in most cases it doesn't work. The human eldians, if there are still any, just don't matter.

      One important aspect of the "royal bloodline" is that, alegendly, when the Founding Titan is passed down to a titan of royal blood, it will be bound to the will of Karl Fritz, to renounce war, and will stubbornly not answer any questions about the past. Now, even though technically all eldians, even Connie, are descendents of royal blood, for some reason only those who have the last name Reiss or Fritz count as royal blood (actually, as stupid as that sounds, it kinda works. So, yeah, Ymir is a dumb girl and maybe the right last name is enough for her...). So, only those with Reiss or Fritz last name would be bound by the will of Karl Fritz. I feel this complicates things because it legitimizes this broken bloodline that doesn't make much sense.

      Honestly, it just doesn't make any sense that Zeke counts as royal blood. I understand Ymir, kinda "holding ghost hands" with the current King, who ever has the Founding Titan, and only recognizing those who this last King recognizes as legitimate heirs to his "crown", but the Fritz family branched off from the King who stayed inside the walls like 100 years ago. There should be like 50 people like Dinah Fritz, secretly hiding their Fritz heritage outside of the wall. Do all of them count as royal blood? Without a King outside of the wall, who counts as the "head of the family" to determine how far you have to branch out to not count as royal blood? The murkiness of these mechanics really upset me.

      It was stated that the first king of the walls did left some of his family outside the walls,however, they are all dead now,probably in the insurection when Kruger's father and his allies were burned alive,and Dina, Eren and some Eldians survived the uprising,after that, Zeke is the only survivor left from royal family outside the walls, and because he never said that to anyone,it was believed by Marley that the royal family inside the walls are the only ones left.

        Loading editor
    • I don't believe that would be Zeke Yeagers' true intention there.  After all, he wants to wipe out the entire Eldian race for sake of peace towards humanity, not procreating.

        Loading editor
    • TinyHargreaves wrote:

      I completely understand your confusion; what you're saying didn't make sense to me either which is why I chose to believe Ymir just had control over all the regular human Eldians. But if that's unlikely, it's quite possible she literally will only follow the commands of her descendants based on their surname, like you said... very murky.

      Abdou250 wrote:

      It was stated that the first king of the walls did left some of his family outside the walls,however, they are all dead now,probably in the insurection when Kruger's father and his allies were burned alive,and Dina, Eren and some Eldians survived the uprising,after that, Zeke is the only survivor left from royal family outside the walls, and because he never said that to anyone,it was believed by Marley that the royal family inside the walls are the only ones left.

      Yeah, it's a bit convenient for the author to solve this problem with one line, "they are all dead", but considering how convoluted this is, to me it's good enough.

      But I'm satisfied now with the hypothesis that the "Royal Bloodline" is determined by your original family name, kinda like Jon Snow, born Aegon Targaryen. What matters is the "birth certificate", or for Ymir, she looks back into your memories and sees what your mother called you when you were born.

      The only problem now are the other descendents from Karl Fritz inside the walls, Uri's Reiss uncles, etc. I can imagine that, since they knew being part of the royal bloodline meant you could one day have to become a titan, eat your relative, inherit his memories, be bound by the will of the "First" King, and only live for another 13 years. So, it's not unreasonable to think many of the siblings would choose to adopt a different name, from their spouse, and live their own lives separate from this "royal curse". This could explain why there are no other "official" royal descendents inside the walls.

        Loading editor
    • Jumbernaut wrote:
       
      Yeah, it's a bit convenient for the author to solve this problem with one line, "they are all dead", but considering how convoluted this is, to me it's good enough.

      But I'm satisfied now with the hypothesis that the "Royal Bloodline" is determined by your original family name, kinda like Jon Snow, born Aegon Targaryen. What matters is the "birth certificate", or for Ymir, she looks back into your memories and sees what your mother called you when you were born.

      The only problem now are the other descendents from Karl Fritz inside the walls, Uri's Reiss uncles, etc. I can imagine that, since they knew being part of the royal bloodline meant you could one day have to become a titan, eat your relative, inherit his memories, be bound by the will of the "First" King, and only live for another 13 years. So, it's not unreasonable to think many of the siblings would choose to adopt a different name, from their spouse, and live their own lives separate from this "royal curse". This could explain why there are no other "official" royal descendents inside the walls.

      I understand your point,however, if they were really some alive relatives,they would have been chosen to inherit the founding by Rod Reiss instead of Historia, maybe the kings doesn't really want succession wars,that could warn the population that the figureheads are a fake monarchs, or maybe just  like Historia, are not even aware that they are royalty when they are born, or those who refuse the selected heirs, have their memories erased by the power of the founding titan.

        Loading editor
    • I'd say the point is not whether Zeke wants to have children or not, but that no one could see that obvious solution. Why no one suggested Zeke to do this instead of thinking of Historia as the only possible solution? He didn't even have to do it in person. Just ask him to give a container filled with his sperm.

        Loading editor
    • DirePresent wrote:
      I'd say the point is not whether Zeke wants to have children or not, but that no one could see that obvious solution. Why no one suggested Zeke to do this instead of thinking of Historia as the only possible solution? He didn't even have to do it in person. Just ask him to give a container filled with his sperm.

      Zeke believes that life is a curse in the first place,just like his father didn't care about him as his SON, but as a royal-bloodline vessel, he cares about his people in his own way, he doesn't want them to bear childrens who will suffer from persecution and/or being turned to titans or turned into war weapons like the warrior unit,paradoxically, he wants a peaceful world when the others cleared from eldians and heatred can move forward from what happened in the eldian empire's era, so why would he give birth to someone else

      In the same time,you can notice that his beliefs were once shared by Historia (the coup d'état arc),but with the help of her friends (especially Eren), she realized that people are SPECIAL because they are BORN in the first place, so her being pregnant may be a hint about potential and unxpected plot twist, because Paradis government was determined to force her to inherit the Beast Titan once Zeke is there, however,the pregnancy delayed their plot

        Loading editor
    • You're misunderstanding me: I don't ask about Zeke motives, I ask why no one else proposed him to have several children instead of forcing Historia to do so. I know it'd be unethical as hell anyways, but if some people did think of forcing her to do so as viable why didn't they go for a more logical option?

      What about getting an excuse from Zeke about it? Say he's actually sterile, or something like that.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe hearing Ksaver's background make him ask for a sterilization operation,i think probably before inheriting the Beast Titan, he is probably aware that his bloodline would allow him special powers as one of the nine titans, and Marley would never allow him to make that operation if he was suspected to be royalty. So Historia is the only member of royal family with potential to gave birth,or maybe because it's a plot hole, because it would be ironic for him to give birth to several children while he deny life.

        Loading editor
    • Historia should have gotten pregnant soon after they learned that only those from the "royal bloodline" can use the full power of the Founding Titan, even if that meant the baby could eventually, in a last case scenario, be eaten by Eren in an attempt to unlock the Founder's powers without falling to the will of the first King. As horrible as it is, they were facing extinction against the Titans, and the alternatives were costing thousands of lives. So, Historia would have to get pregnant anyway, if for nothing else than to secure a royal bloodline, at least in regular human fashion.

      Since Historia didn't get pregnant, even if Zeke had agreed to donate his sperm or to impregnate some woman, I imagine Zeke could die before the baby was even born, or maybe old enough to be turned into a titan big enough to eat him. Also, they would want to transfer Zeke's Titan as soon as possible.

      As soon as Zeke got to paradis, they could have hooked him up with some nice country girls, saying they were "backups", in case something happened to Historia or her baby. But Zeke would probably not want to father any children, exactly because they would have "royal blood", and would have the power to undo what he was going to do. In fact, as soon as Zeke had success in the sterilization plan, he should probably kill Historia and her baby, to ensure the end of the royal bloodline, to secure his plan.

        Loading editor
    • That's kinda explain why Historia was hiding in the contryside, and didn't get much spotlight after hearing Zeke plan from the Anti-Marleyans, her pregnancy was the best thing for almost all people (The anti-marleyans know that Paradis cannot betray them immediately, Eren to buy time and for her the best excuse to hide from the public)

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.