FANDOM


  • All I have to say is. Pieck Finger? Really?

    I'll have you know that before this chapter relesed I had another name for Pieck. So tell me which name to you thing is better

    Her Offical Name: Pieck Finger?

    or

    My Fanmade Name: Nova Pieck?

      Loading editor
    • Your reaction to her name is one that many of us have had. I was hoping it was the translator having a brainfart, but when I looked at the katakana it's フィンガー which is a really good rendition of "Finger" so I'm not surprised the translator went for that (probably while wondering what Isayama was thinking).

      If Isayama was going for something else but couldn't approximate it as well in Japanese, I expect it'll be corrected later in the volume release.

        Loading editor
    • When I first read the chapter, when I saw "Pieck Finger", I didn't immediately get that it was her family name, there was 2/3 seconds of "What the f*** was the meaning of this Levi? This sentence doesn't make any sense !" and then I was like "Oh... That's her family name...".

      But considering that her first name is "Pieck"... Finger isn't that bad. (However, in Japansee, it's Piku, and I'm perfectly fine with it, it sounds nice). I even used to think that Pieck was her family name, but even her friends call her Pieck, so that couldn't be true.

      I'd like to know what were Isayama's intention on giving her this family name.  

      I'm waiting for the release of the french chapter to see what the translator will give us as a family name. 

        Loading editor
    • Who the hell is Pieck?

        Loading editor
    • Elal08 wrote: Who the hell is Pieck?

      Pieck, Peake, Piku, depends on your translation. She's the Cart Titan's owner

        Loading editor
    • I hope this is changed later, it's just very strange. It's hard to see what they can do without completely changing it though, what's even close to Finger......

      I'd go for Finch or some more 'germanic' version of that like Finke or something.

        Loading editor
    • Razzylada wrote:

      Elal08 wrote: Who the hell is Pieck?

      Pieck, Peake, Piku, depends on your translation.

      She's the Cart Titan's owner

      She is a woman???

        Loading editor
    • Why would you visit the manga board when you clearly don't read the manga?

        Loading editor
    • French version is out, it's still Finger...

        Loading editor
    • Elal08 wrote:
      Razzylada wrote:

      Elal08 wrote: Who the hell is Pieck?

      Pieck, Peake, Piku, depends on your translation.

      She's the Cart Titan's owner

      She is a woman???

      You really should not have come here.

        Loading editor
    • I will translate"Pieck" in Bulgarian is "Peak" or "Pik"

        Loading editor
    • Razzylada wrote: But considering that her first name is "Pieck"... Finger isn't that bad. (However, in Japansee, it's Piku, and I'm perfectly fine with it, it sounds nice). I even used to think that Pieck was her family name, but even her friends call her Pieck, so that couldn't be true.

      Considering that Pieck is a legit German surname and Eldians tend to have Germanic surnames, it was a reasonable conclusion.

      Like you I had to do a double take though. I saw "Pieck Finger" and wondered what a finger had to do with anything. I find it funny that the French translation is using it too.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.